Archived Hours to pick back up in Feb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor, and it's just that, is that the hours may pick back up in Feb for V-Day and Superbowl. I'd hardly believe it, but who knows.

Sales are generally higher those days but the overall average concerning hours will be substantially dropped. Less trucks, less sales, less cashier/salesfloor hours/etc.

They are cutting hours like crazy at my store. We somehow went ridiculously over payroll this month and they're trying to make it for Jan. Things don't look good for February either.

Not at our store....... I just saw the hours for February... looking grim..

Blame it on Canada.

Canada, oh Canada....!

Seriously? Our hrs are suckatrocious right now.
Working solo during a morning rush, I had several guests comment that we "needed to hire more people".
I SO wanted to tell them that we had PLENTY of TMs, just not enough payroll.

So just when I thought our store was giving the minimum hours to get by with to hardlines I learned differently. I want to vent and go into more detail but it pisses me off the more I think about, I'm sitting here raging and want to break something, namely someones face.

Our store is really in the hole for payroll, lol. Apparently our district is down so many hour and our store alone accounts for half of them. Needless to say, the entire store is like a ghost town (void of TMs, not guests, sadly). It's crazy bad.

Ya I looked at the new schedule and have 22 hours, and that is as a Pfresh Assistant. I have 2 C&S truck push shifts and 2 closing market shifts, HORRAY. Time to Update my resume and look for jobs tommorow

In my 10 + years I have not seen hours pick up until after Easter, and as late as April week 3.

Seriously? Our hrs are suckatrocious right now.
Working solo during a morning rush, I had several guests comment that we "needed to hire more people".
I SO wanted to tell them that we had PLENTY of TMs, just not enough payroll.

I have wanted to tell the whiny guests that think we need to have every lane open, "sure we can do that, then charge you $30 for Starbucks and $75 for your diapers".

Story for you:

Last week I was told I needed to lose Friday and Saturday for this week. Now I have lost today.

When do I come back: Next Saturday/Friday

Bad times over here.

Overall I don't know, but personally, my hours have been increasing on the posted schedules. This week was 3 days (4 really because I asked for one more), next week is 4, and luckily I'm back up to a 5-day work week for the first week in Feb.

Overall I don't know, but personally, my hours have been increasing on the posted schedules. This week was 3 days (4 really because I asked for one more), next week is 4, and luckily I'm back up to a 5-day work week for the first week in Feb.

Lucky! I have 6 1/2 hours next week. And despite having another job, I have pretty decent availability.

Rumor, and it's just that, is that the hours may pick back up in Feb for V-Day and Superbowl. I'd hardly believe it, but who knows.

Not sure, but at my store the first week of February is really bad. My ETL sent out an e-mail about and it pretty much instructed the GSTLs and GSAs to call for back-ups only, as a last resort. I am just glad that I am in Lost Wages pressing call buttons at my old STL's new store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back