Archived How accepting of diversity are people at your store?

How accepting of diversity are people at your store?

• Extremely Accepting

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Mostly Accepting

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Neutral - Not really very accepting or non-accepting

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Mostly not-accepting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extremely not-accepting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this might be an interesting poll since I haven't really seen this ever discussed.

We all know that different stores have totally different cultures in terms of leadership, rules, etc. But, what is your store like for diversity? (i.e. race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.)

Ours is wide open on diversity. All cultures are represented. Our weakness is the language barrier with certain folks. But, we do try to communicate well.

I can't imagine specific stores being different than the actual city they reside in.

As to actual representation, very. I have noticed a distinct lack of Asians in our store, though.

I would say our store has an equal racial representation of the community we are in for team members and team leads. Once you hit ETL level it stops.

I would have to say genders are equally represented for TM and TL but again once you hit ETL that stops. We have just 1 female ETL.

As far as religion and sexual orientation goes.... I do not know what other peoples religions are. I know a few employees are gay but only because I have a friendship with them.

I have never seen any one discriminated against for any reason. It actually seems to be the opposite. We have a very friendly and accepting culture in my store.

I feel like our store is fairly diverse. My county's population is largely white, straight, and Christian/Catholic, so our TMs are all mostly white, straight, and Christian/Catholic. We have two female ETLs and two male ETLs, but we definitely have more female TLs than male. We also recently hired a visually-impaired guy that works back in the fitting room answering phones.

Where do we keep the ten foot pole I'll need to get any where near this subject?

We only have 1 male ETL, our HR, STL and other 2 ETLs are female. I'm also pretty sure the male ETL is only their because he is grandfathered in or something. Nobody can get rid of him. We've had 3 female STL and 1 male in the past. We also only have 2 male TL. We have 1 black, 2 Hispanic, 1 Asian and the rest of the TL/ETL are white. Most of the sales floor TMS are white and flo/back room are mostly black/Hispanic. We also have 1 openly proud and gay ETL as long as a TL.

I think the only diversity we are missing within our little store community is someone who is gay/lesbian. And that could be simply because I don't know (or really care if they are). But we have the different languages, continents, genders, ages, colors, and everything else pretty well covered.

We've had an Asian-American as a sales floor team lead, An African-American, a Native-American, and a lot of women in charge. Considering the community we serve, that says something about Target's "diversity" commitment.

our store is literally 90% Hispanic including me...my store is in the varrio and we have a few TMs who are white, one black tm, one asian, and ALL of our ETLs are white except for our STL who is hispanic, but we all get along very very well, as far as gay people i havent seen any work their...no one bashes each other based on our own personal preferences...we only hate each other based on work ethic lmao

Staff is very wonderfully diverse, race, creed, color, national origin and sexual orientation.
Sadly the ETL's are all white.

Yes, our store is very happy to employ diversity in sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, race/ethnicity, language and unfortunately in intelligence levels (if we do hire a monkey, I might not even notice).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back