How are aisle and end cap changes scheduled?

Looking ahead to try and figure out a good time for taking some time off, I was checking into when my end caps expire and when aisles come up for revision or transition.
OTC end caps were last set December 18 (or thereabouts) and expire February 5 and the aisles are mostly due the week of March 26.
PC end caps were last set December 25 and expire March 5 and the aisles are mostly due the SAME week.
Doesn't that seem off somehow?
I always work ahead, jumping in as soon as they show up in the "two weeks ahead" work load. But this still seems not quite right. Unless I'm reading something wrong, which is definitely possible given how long the days have been until this week and how tired I was. Maybe I just need to check all those dates again.

Looking ahead to try and figure out a good time for taking some time off, I was checking into when my end caps expire and when aisles come up for revision or transition.
OTC end caps were last set December 18 (or thereabouts) and expire February 5 and the aisles are mostly due the week of March 26.
PC end caps were last set December 25 and expire March 5 and the aisles are mostly due the SAME week.
Doesn't that seem off somehow?
I always work ahead, jumping in as soon as they show up in the "two weeks ahead" work load. But this still seems not quite right. Unless I'm reading something wrong, which is definitely possible given how long the days have been until this week and how tired I was. Maybe I just need to check all those dates again.
Scan your encaps and pogs and see when there discontinued date is. Some areas will change with there endcaps. Some do them a week apart. Kitchen usually does both at the same time. Also good to note if it's a bunch of revisions or a full transition. Basically everything you said already. You can also go on workbench and check the workload summary for a more detailed look and see how much time the pops are supposed to take. It only shows so far though.

Last edited:
Scan your encaps and pogs and see when there discontinued date is. Some areas will change with there endcaps. Some do them a week apart. Kitchen usually does both at the same time. Also good to note if it's a bunch of revisions or a full transition. Basically everything you said already. You can also go on workbench and check the workload summary for a more detailed look and see how much time the pops are supposed to take. It only shows so far though.
Well, yeah, this is what I already know. Just seems like a little nuts to me that I have six end caps and many POGs in the aisles all due the same week. Even with them dropping in two weeks ahead, that's still an awful lot of work load on top of truck push, etc. I got my current info from going into the "virtual sales floor" or the other option I can't remember the name of under Sets.
As to revision vs. transition, I've noticed that some revisions take longer than transitions. Which is weird. And the allotted times are sometimes useful, but I find it more helpful to look at the graphic that indicates moves, additions, etc. instead. When the allotted time is over an hour for an end cap that's basically just a refresh of what's already there, it's misleading. It goes in the other direction too.
Might be a function of having so many little things - boxes of Advil and bottles of liquid hand soap. Beauty TMs have said similar things about their sets.

You have otc? That's another area that usually will set together. We don't have dbos anymore. We have been told to have a Plano team again and they do all the workload. It's a double edge sword though because as dbos many would set the endcaps as product came in and it would be a lot easier and have a fuller area all the time. Now it's just It's oknplano can do it later attitude.

Back