How are POGS designed anyway?

Some of them just figure we'll fix it at the store rather than fixing it themselves (which actually takes less time 🙄).... if they even notice it at all.
Two weeks out from TL s setting aisles and these kind of errors still exist on every aisle. Wonder what standard of training is coming my way in April.

How would we set in reverse without having it printed on the back? I hope I'm misreading because even the possibility of no reverse is terrifying. Half the aisles in the store would have to flip everything in their next revision or transition.
Ok I get this. TM setting this past weekend very frustrated because TL told them only" 1 thing was moving" , but the whole thing actually flipped. They used that word !!

Would love it if all ism had scans that told you date range of when it should go up and down. It would be SO much faster than checking individual vmgs since they don't usually associate with any pog/salesplanner like GM signage.

You don't need to ask for approval to change these things. As long as you adjust the SFC/SFQ accordingly for each thing you change.

Thinking on your feet helps a ton and it gets easier the more you do it.
Thank you for this. I did this today while pushing. Each aisle had issues with the set being off...too many pushers , not enough in the right places when I read number of facings and the products had to go in all squirrly and not correct sfq . So I fixed them!! Slowed down my push time but when SD and etl came around I was able to show them why I wasn't done for fixing others unfinished work. I think I can do this!!!

When I was a PoG TL I actually had the chance to talk to some of the people doing this job.

One of their MAJOR gripes was that stock position and item size would change after the vendor gave it. For example, the glittery Elsa doll shows the box dimensions as 3Wx10Hx1D and hanging, but it arrives at the store and the box is actually 2 inches deep and doesn't have hangtabs, so it jacked up the capacity and the fit.

After my time at Target I worked for another retailer doing store remodels and one of my roles involved interfacing with the planners, their solution was to set every pog after building it in a fake store. After it was built and stocked they made adjustments and fixed it, then the fixtures were pallet wrapped and just shipped to a local store, store just rolled them out pre stocked.

Never had a problem with pogs in that company. Perfect fit every time.

Right now they are working on all of the cutsheets and are on ................. *drumroll* reverse set locations printed on the back. However for this change they need to reach out to Store Ops to ask if enough stores would use the reverse side of these to justify the cost of a new cardstock (since the current sheets both we and store level use are single sided). There should be a survey coming out to stores asking about this very soon. PLEASE RESPOND TO THE SURVEY, YOUR RESPONSES DIRECTLY WILL DETERMINE IF REVERSE SIDE CUTSHEETS ARE INCLUDED OR LEFT OUT.

what's a cutsheet? Are those the cardstock labels included in the label box?
--
To the OP's point, I just fix the spacing issues on the label strips on the fly as I stock & set... adding or taking away facings so the pricing matches. ie No $20 items in front of the $4.99 label - I spread out the $4.99 item.
*One* of the many reasons I prefer to set my area by myself. I know my freight, and know how to make adjustments.

This wouldn't really work though because then you wouldn't be able to scan the display DPCI so if you were missing it you couldn't audit it or locate it in the back.

Many display labels do give the sellable DPCI in the item description on the label so you know which item it is.

I do like the idea of a price change label for displays. It would save time some time when resetting, though I would probably still scan everything anyway because I never trust what happens in an aisle after I fix it.
I think the real issue with display labels/DPCIs is how inconsistent they are with their info, and lack of images when setting/scanning. "DISPLAY 0495 123-94-1234 disp" as the description with no image doesn't help me when I'm setting, it just adds time to my set because then I have to dig up if it's the right location and item.

It's kind of disheartening when you set the mirror or decor combo pogs and see capacities in the double and triple digits. Is someone really that inept or do they just not care? Even a toddler would know that 36 mirrors and 257 paintings aren't going to fit in a single slot of the hooped fixture.
Someone Set some otc capacities to zero the last couple weeks. Backroom is a mess and overflowing wacos.

--
To the OP's point, I just fix the spacing issues on the label strips on the fly as I stock & set... adding or taking away facings so the pricing matches. ie No $20 items in front of the $4.99 label - I spread out the $4.99 item.
*One* of the many reasons I prefer to set my area by myself. I know my freight, and know how to make adjustments.

Yes, the Peghook labels.

It's kind of disheartening when you set the mirror or decor combo pogs and see capacities in the double and triple digits. Is someone really that inept or do they just not care? Even a toddler would know that 36 mirrors and 257 paintings aren't going to fit in a single slot of the hooped fixture.
Came across one of these ridiculous floor capacities today. It was in the section of all those baskets with travel-size toiletries. A lot will fit, but more like 40, not 700 or whatever goofy number it was.

--
Yes, I get that about price points. But when I have a shelf with one facing each of a half-dozen toothpastes, it's really annoying when it's squeezed so tight and there's zero wiggle room to make things fit properly and so it's easy for guests. Or conversely, when there are antibiotic ointments with two facings each and they fit, mostly, except for the one that's a half-inch short of space and spreading things out would look stupid.
But I definitely agree with preferring to do my sets by myself. Even with all my grumbling about how it doesn't always go that smoothly.

It seems POG get reset for such minor changes that why bother.

Two of our case water are now 32 not 24 which wasn't compensated for in the POG.

Back