Archived How are red cards going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, wondering if you're getting some if any success getting guests to sign up for a redcard. I honestly like only asking when prompted.. I hate being pushy.. and if I was a guest it would annoy me constantly being bombarded about getting a red card.. I've gotten a few over the past few weeks. Suprisingly my store hasn't been real harsh on anyone if they haven't gotten any. Also, I'm getting tired of when guests constantly say or ask "Is it safe to use my card?" I tell them that this is probably the safest place to use your card.

Red cards have not been going well for me or my store. One of our super-red-card-getters who usually gets multiple ones a shift is now lucky if she can get one per shift. I did get two one week and another one the next week a few weeks ago, but no seems to want them. And who can blame them? With all of the bad press from the data breach, it's a wonder that business is so good at my store. Plus, it's not like we are constantly dealing with a brand-new batch of guests every day. We have a lot of repeat customers, and most of them either already have the cards or have decided that they don't want them.

I do try to tell my guests that because of the data-breach, our store is now safer than ever, but some of them still don't believe it. Also, a lot of people just don't want to take the time to do it in the store. No guest likes a long checkout (and by long, I mean a minute or two). To a guest, 30 seconds seems like a minute, a minute seems like 5, and so on. They are so impatient!

Yeah, I'm also really sick of "Is it safe to use my card?" and "Oh, I can't use my card here because of that thing." and "Did you all get that data thing sorted out?" And the crazy thing is, people usually ask this AS they are swiping their card. WFT? What if I were to say, "Actually, no, we didn't get that 'thing' sorted out, and someone in Russia is probably hacking your personal information as we speak." Guests. Good Lord.

I got one last week - unprompted, the lady got in my line and said she wanted one.

The other day I had INSANE prompts. I'm not sure if I got the wrong mix of guests, but I'd say at least 75% were prompted transactions. No one else around me had so many... Ye gads.

But um, no one wants them. They aren't paying cash because they are dying for a red card, they are paying cash because they don't trust us. Wouldn't we rather make sales (we are, it's our busy season)?

Last week I got two in one hour from two guests who just walked up and said "hey I want a credit card"... Then no more for a week and a half. Got one yesterday but from a guest who didn't even know what a redcard was (is that possible???) so maybe she didn't know about the breach either lol.
We've gone from 0/day at the beginning of all of this to 4 or 5/day on a good day. Then again, we've been instructed to make the entire transaction's conversation revolve around redcards no matter what instead of asking only when prompted

I'm over it. I wish our DTL and up would make up their minds regarding conversion. When the prompts first turned back on several weeks ago, we were instructed to only ask when prompted. Then we got reamed two weeks later for being Red, so our ETL-GE decided to go back to asking every guest. Then we got reamed for asking outside of prompts and our DTL sent an email saying to "stick with the prompts and don't worry because these weeks weren't being counted toward the new YTD." She also said they are using this data in an effort to re-evaluate conversion goals (this was about 3 weeks ago).

Then, last week, after finishing at 0.9%, we've been told that our store needs to step it up and that prompts are officially counting, goal remains at 2.5%, but we're still only to ask when prompted. Our store needs to average about 10 per day to be Green. We're lucky to get 5 right now. Bah.

I used to care about them and always attempt to bring up the conversations on the floor but ever since the breach I stopped caring because I always get no from the guests. It's gotten to the point I just skip the whole prompt because it seems like a waste of breath asking the guests if they want a red card.

I had the GSA call me this morning asking what my redcard goal was. I'm on a register once every never and honestly myself and the other operators in my store have too much going on to worry about pushing one more thing. I told him "I'll continue to drive redcards" with no goal.

Just got the directions to ask everyone rather than prompted. I think the store got five today. They're using an incentive for the each person's total number for the week.

Our store have been consistently getting RedCards again. We had 12 RedCards yesterday, 9 the day before, etc., It's starting to pick up. Just have to be persistent with asking every guest. Yes it is hard when you know that the Guest is "Going to say no" But if you have that mindset, conversion isn't ever going to pick up is it?

It's been slowly picking back up. Got my first 2 since December this past weekend

Somehow managed I think around 15 last night from what I heard

The last few nights have been terrible in comparison to the week before.........so bad my GSA (YES, GSA NOT GSTL) told me I needed to apply for ANOTHER debit card just so we can have those attempts on our report. No. Never. Screw that. That's shady. The worst part is, she didn't kindly ask me if I thought it was a good idea, she TOLD me to do it as plainly as if she was telling me to zone One Spot.

RedCards aren't going well.

We were also told to "ask every guest" until the DTL came in for a visit... Then we were told to stop and only follow the prompts. We were also told they were sending secret shoppers in (not sure if they are "official" or as our STL said; the DTL is sending in his wife to see if she is being asked or not).

It's also impacting our guest survey scores. Reading the comments... "Can't believe you are asking to sign up for your credit cards again;" "How dare you ask about your debit cards just you can scam us again."

As for our ETL-GE... To her it's like the breach never even happened... "RedCard! RedCards RedCards! Oh those people and the breach... They are just overly worried!'

Conversion is pretty piss poor at my store. When I walked in on Friday, the first thing my GSTL said to me was that all he cared about was RedCards. He didn't care about anything else (one spot, candy, zoning, etc.).Not only that, but when I was reading guest survey comments on workbench, we had quite a few complaints from guests about repeatedly being asked. One guest said she had to tell the cashier "No" three times. Couple that with the fact that we don't have enough cashiers during the week. There were times when people on the sales floor came up for backup and were stuck on there for about 30 min. My store in general is further going to crap.

I am so burnt out on redcards. The pressure is so intense at our store that we have to ask every guest and as a gsa follow up with every single cashier to make sure they are asking every guest. And if they aren't asking every guest we have to step off the floor and talk to them about it and document it.

Now that the breach happened when you ask a guest if they want a redcard there is a fifty percent chance that they already have one or they are regulars and are never going to get one.

A 49 percent chance that they will either say no right away or start foaming at the mouth about the data breach and how we are just waiting to still their information again, etc, etc.

And a one percent chance that they might just maybe want to sign up for a redcard and then they won't have a check so it won't even matter.

It's too soon for us to be pushing so hard for redcards. The data breach wound is too fresh for some people to even use their own debit cards at our stores and you expect them to sign up for a card through Target? Really?

And don't even get me started on our ridiculous AAR goals for the lanes. 15 a day? Really? They can't even get that back in electronics. It's enough to make me start seriously looking for another job.

Our store is so desperate for RedCards that they were offering to give us free stuff if we signed up for a RedCard.

Im about to be canned for not getting any, so there's that.

I would say at least at our store as long as you are consistently asking each and every guest, then you won't get fired or even coached. Could you ask in a better, more exciting way? Sure but the gist that I am getting is that they just want you to show an effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back