How are y’all’s stores?

I can't remember the last time we had 141s that small. Ours are well over 10,000 everyday because no one is pulling anything- pulls, NCF, salvage, clearance, none of it. And that's an improvement from a few weeks ago when it almost topped 20,000. No joke.

Wow. We're a lower volume store with a small backroom 10,000 would pull EVERYTHING out of our backroom.

But, as an update our cloing experts pulled like crazy last night and got the pulls down somewhat. This morning the post-inventory pulls dropped and they skyrocketed right back up and then some. 150+ Out of stocks in domestics, This is fine. LMAO.

Wow. We're a lower volume store with a small backroom 10,000 would pull EVERYTHING out of our backroom.

But, as an update our cloing experts pulled like crazy last night and got the pulls down somewhat. This morning the post-inventory pulls dropped and they skyrocketed right back up and then some. 150+ Out of stocks in domestics, This is fine. LMAO.

We're lower volume too with a very space-constrained backroom. And it is filled to the top. Crazy thing though is that as far as Home goes, most of what we own is out on the floor, maybe 15% is in the backroom. You wouldn't think so looking at how little room there is to backstock anything.

We're lower volume too with a very space-constrained backroom. And it is filled to the top. Crazy thing though is that as far as Home goes, most of what we own is out on the floor, maybe 15% is in the backroom. You wouldn't think so looking at how little room there is to backstock anything.

That's the funny thing about my store's situation. Domestics has 150+ out of stocks. But, they fucking flex everything out all to hell. (It's a complete mess.) Their backroom is bare. So....if there were 150 things RGIS scanned in the back that weren't located and not on the floor, that's pretty much everything in their backroom.

To really top off this shitshow. The domestics team spent all day last Saturday supposedly "fixing" their backroom to make it inventory ready. I had to do a couple of their salesplans so that they could do that. Nice fix job, guys. Nice fix job.

Meanwhile, the post-inventory adjustment made my out of stocks go from 0 to 14, 6 of which were actually in domestics not kitchen. And, I DO NOT FLEX.

People are quitting left and right . We are still hiring as I can see an orientation every once in a while . I have seen our poor receiving lady training Atleast 3 new TMs past few months and none of them stayed past a week . So is the case for fulfillment. I think in our store the only strong TMs are inbound . Then May be we can say market .
Your store is doing better than we are for new hires. We have people who can't even make it past orientation.

Gm and food are fine and come clean pretty much everyday unless its a double, but style and beauty is struggling. Its not as bad as the stores with 20+ pallets, but they're sending like 100-250 repacks everyday and all of the style backroom has to be moved since our breakroom is going back there

Gm and food are fine and come clean pretty much everyday unless its a double, but style and beauty is struggling. Its not as bad as the stores with 20+ pallets, but they're sending like 100-250 repacks everyday and all of the style backroom has to be moved since our breakroom is going back there
Sounds better than a lot of stores tbh.

We're in a little bit of a lull now. I guess it's because of spring break. Traffic will come back with a vengeance before Easter.

Although another Target is opening 12 minutes away from our store April 3, so maybe that will moderate things. People are going to say "oh let's check out the new Target that opened nearby", blah blah blah.

Our store, specifically style, is on fire thank you very much. Our closing lead found out they were giving 100+ hours to other areas every week. And wondering why it looks like shit. Our shoes dbo had a stroke last year because it was so awful. They moved her to men's for a while and now they ADDED SHOES BACK TO HER WORKLOAD. I walked in to our SD, style lead and VM in men's while the men's dbo did shoes. I fucking brought that to our HR. She was pissed.

Things have gotten to the point where there is no planning, only putting out fires and scrambling to finish the day-to-day stuff. Things being tougher than Q4 at the end of March means something is wrong, imo/ime. The lack of time to step back and plan the day, talk to peers, etc. is hurting our effectiveness. And I'm already somebody who tends to task too much and plan too little. Tons of little things slipping through the cracks. Call-offs are up again, but it's helping us make our payroll cuts. Oof.

Things have gotten to the point where there is no planning, only putting out fires and scrambling to finish the day-to-day stuff. Things being tougher than Q4 at the end of March means something is wrong, imo/ime. The lack of time to step back and plan the day, talk to peers, etc. is hurting our effectiveness. And I'm already somebody who tends to task too much and plan too little. Tons of little things slipping through the cracks. Call-offs are up again, but it's helping us make our payroll cuts. Oof.
Yep

Just to add on to this, Apparently management continues to show where their priorities are and how soft they are. For many months we moved our electric carts from the Starbucks bar and charging area to front of the cart corral which will stop people from grabbing carts from the front and messing up the inside cart lanes in there (our carts are inside the store, Not parked between entrance and exit doors like older stores are) and now they decided to move them back there. I hate the format, It makes it harder to bring carts in when lanes are messed up from people yanking and messing with them. But apparently the amount of callouts and trying to help the hard workers who’s re doing so much and more than their normal job don’t fucking matter.

My guess is someone threw a major fit acting like a child because everything small bothers them.

It is the worst I have ever seen and every time I think somehow it can’t get worse it somehow manages to do that. Everywhere is in horrible shape and the store is on its way to having a massive walkout.
Shit if my store has it, I’m joining fuck it. These people should thank me for not even calling out to protest cus I’m still tryna get money.

The amount of toys we’ve received is rivaling 4th quarter. Majority is backstock with no free space in the back room. In electronics we’ve been absolutely flooded with funko pops to the point where every free spot is overflowing. Lots of other items are being sent in such high quantities (10+ oculus head straps that sell maybe one per week). Skeleton hours means brand suffers in order to just keep up with truck and revisions. 🥵

Our store, specifically style, is on fire thank you very much. Our closing lead found out they were giving 100+ hours to other areas every week. And wondering why it looks like shit. Our shoes dbo had a stroke last year because it was so awful. They moved her to men's for a while and now they ADDED SHOES BACK TO HER WORKLOAD. I walked in to our SD, style lead and VM in men's while the men's dbo did shoes. I fucking brought that to our HR. She was pissed.
Your store sounds like mine. I was asked to come in Monday overnight to try and get caught up on style truck pallets. What was supposed to be myself, the Girls dept. dbo, and the Style etl ended up just being me. The girls dbo was reassigned to run racks and the etl was just there doing nothing, literally. To make matters worse the district manager came in the store at 8 Monday unannounced and didn't leave until 4pm that afternoon. The visit didn't go well and the SD ended up chewing out all the team leads in a meeting that afternoon. As a result our Inbound team lead quit as did 4 truck unloaders. It is crazy.

Back