How are y’all’s stores?

Going on our third week of hours being cut. Stockroom is getting worse. Stlye is taking up so many 2 tiers, flats and u boats. Their repacks are stacking up. If it's not P1 it's sitting on flats from one end of stockroom to the other. Transitions being set and stocked is suffering. In order to unload the trailers uboats, flats and even pallets are lined up on the salesfloor till truck is unloaded. Grocery is having staffing issues.
So many say just wait, we'll get more hours with the remodel. Oh to be so innocent. You know they've never done a remodel.

Style is god-awful. It's been really bad before but I don't think I've ever seen this much unworked freight. I think I counted ~200 repacks yesterday...I'm not exaggerating. My SD and two fulfillment TLs spent a good portion of their afternoon clearing out space in the steel where are SFS boxes are supposed to go so that they could wrap style repack skids and throw them up there. We have 3 metros of jewelry repacks that have been sitting back in A&A sort for months. Some of them still have Christmas jewelry in them. :(

Backroom aisles are packed to the brim. And the best news is we're starting our fulfillment remodel this month and are about to lose 5-6 aisles of light duty I believe. Yay.

giphy.webp

12 pallets of softlines repacks. Trying to pack SFS is a hazardous affair, the salesfloor looks the worst it's ever been in my 16 years here.

I'd say things are going great. 🙃

Oh, forgot to mention we received enough squishimals to fill up an entire fucking pod. Like, wtf RDC.

Last edited:
Going on our third week of hours being cut. Stockroom is getting worse. Stlye is taking up so many 2 tiers, flats and u boats. Their repacks are stacking up. If it's not P1 it's sitting on flats from one end of stockroom to the other. Transitions being set and stocked is suffering. In order to unload the trailers uboats, flats and even pallets are lined up on the salesfloor till truck is unloaded. Grocery is having staffing issues.
So many say just wait, we'll get more hours with the remodel. Oh to be so innocent. You know they've never done a remodel.
Yup my mornings during remodel was spent fixing their mistakes. Sure let's just leave all the cases with laptops and high end electronic open... hell let's just leave the product on top with no spider wraps or guard.

giphy.webp

12 pallets of softlines repacks. Trying to pack SFS is a hazardous affair, the salesfloor looks the worst it's ever been in my 16 years here.

Oh, forgot to mention we received enough squishimals to fill up an entire fucking pod. Like, wtf RDC.
We sell so many squishimals I don't know why they just do not put them in a bin and fill the floor.

We're pulling them ten times a day.

It’s sad what is going on with Target stores across the country, Sad thing is, Management and corporate don’t give a damn. My store got some people up front being pulled to close in other departments and are given briefs on how to do things. Callout protests have gone on for two weeks now at my store and looks like it could continue. Everyday for the past 2 weeks except yesterday, There’s been at least 5-12 callouts a day and most of it was in GM, Style, Electronics, Market and Inbound morning. I get why they are doing it but they can’t do it so often cus it hurts everyone who has to pick up the slack.

Last edited:
And the fact my store has actually had some busy weekdays where we got more business than on a average weekday and hours are cut up front and everywhere is questionable about payroll greed for either management or to be saved towards something else. We’ll never know I guess, Can’t trust the Target system.

It get's better... after three straight days of pushing the rollover truck from the day before and then being asked to stay late and unload the truck our Inbound Team almost walked out on scheduled time today, an hour before the unload was ready.... seriously, who's steering this thing?

We had a regional walk through today. It went well. No really it went well. Why did it go well? Because at least a few areas of the store are reasonably well zoned still. They also skipped the backroom. (Apparently, they asked store leadership if they wanted them to walk the backroom. NO! NO! NO!.) So, everyone was happy. Or as my ETL explained: our store is a shitshow, but we're slightly less of a shitshow than every other store in the district so it's all good.

Meanwhile, my backroom appliance wall is covered 3 deep in other areas' U-boats. I can't pull. I can't backstock. I have nowhere else to move those vehicles too. Unload didn't start until 10 this morning. It took me 45 minutes to make a bale today because there were so many pallets to move around to get the bale out. Even then it barely squeezed through and 2 wires snapped in the process.

We have no payroll to spend, but select TMs are being begged to work overtime. (Eh, no thanks. Not today.) We're already planning to spend next months payroll catching up next week, so we'll be short on hours again at the end of next month. Brilliant!

But, the visit went well. So that's nice.

Why aren’t the stores not wanting as much?

Last edited:
giphy.webp

Yeah we had pallets of the squishimals on the truck yesterday. We got so many that the SD decided to put them in the front of style where the Stoney Clover merchandise was.

There are so few true hours for Style that I’m thinking I don’t even want to try to be a Style lead anymore. I make a solid plan for the day and then we all get picked off one by one to do fulfillment or guest first. The floor is atrocious. Backstock is full and a mess. Breakout repacks are getting stored for days on palletsAnd now with the changes to specialty sales they’re having style doing the hardlines OFOs and I’ve heard them say they’ll have us doing their push soon as well.

How am I supposed to motivate a group of people who love fashion to go from setting up beautiful clothing displays to pushing flatbeds of rugs? They’re not going to like that. I don’t like it.

I can’t get anyone to tell me when our reviews are coming. If I don’t get a cost of living raise, which I understand is a near impossibility, I’ll be spending most of what little spare time I have putting out resumes. I just want to work with clothes again.

It get's better and better... since we mostly make our fulfillment goal we got uprated to a SuperStore and will start getting 200-300% increase in orders tomorrow. I hope they don't find out we accomplished that by pulling TMs from Style, Inbound, Starbucks, Cafe, Presentation, Casher, Lot Attendant, GM and all TLs to the exclusion of all else. I think we're outta people to utilize and still about 1/2 our suggested saffing level. This failure is gonna be EPIC!!! I wonder why they still cutting hours?

It get's better and better... since we mostly make our fulfillment goal we got uprated to a SuperStore and will start getting 200-300% increase in orders tomorrow. I hope they don't find out we accomplished that by pulling TMs from Style, Inbound, Starbucks, Cafe, Presentation, Casher, Lot Attendant, GM and all TLs to the exclusion of all else. I think we're outta people to utilize and still about 1/2 our suggested saffing level. This failure is gonna be EPIC!!! I wonder why they still cutting hours?
Honestly I feel like collectively, we need to make a stand and stop pulling people. It's gonna hurt the metrics a lot for a while, but they'll improve over time with people working in their departments actually able to get more of their work done.
Or, so I'd like to think.

I've worked at Target for almost 5 years and I have never seen things this bad. I've been a GM/Inbound TL for a year now and I am so beyond burned out and I truly feel it just keeps getting worse and worse. I used to come in with solid plans, everything got done smoothly and I had a lot of pride in my work. Now I'm coming in to massive amounts of freight that my low volume store can't store or handle and pretty much rushing around to clean up daily. We have barely any payroll and I feel like everything is slipping through the cracks. I feel like we all are having to rush to get things done (price change, pogs, etc) with the lack or payroll and everything else going on. My backroom aisles are so full and messy it makes me sick walking back there. It's either I have to make time to fix it or I get the DBO to but then that just means their truck is rolling over as all departments are getting slammed and we have no extra people. I'm tired

We are out of space on the floor and in the back room for some areas. We are defecting out unopened case packs straight off the truck. It’s crazy.

We had a true surprise visit today. It did not go well. It went well for me personally. Somehow my area is the one area of the store that is current on frieght, one for ones, and zoned. Thus, store leadership went out of the way to introduce me to all the visitors. For the rest of GM/Home it was terrible. Style did alright too I heard.

Don't know all the details. After the visitors left the ETLs and SD shut themselves up in the SD's office for the rest of the day. Never a good sign.

Honestly I feel like collectively, we need to make a stand and stop pulling people. It's gonna hurt the metrics a lot for a while, but they'll improve over time with people working in their departments actually able to get more of their work done.
Oh gawd i hate that. I've been the only tm on the floor before cause electronics. Like out of 20 people on shift i was the only one available to guests... shit went intense

Isn't that is where ETL and SD spend most of the day anyway. Walkie in one hand, coffee in the other.

My SD yeah. If he's on the floor, you know a visit is coming. The ETLs are always on the floor unless they have computer work to do. Even my ETL-HR chips in. She does OPUs, runs out drive ups, pushes cosmetics or style, jumps on a register, or whatever.

I have a pretty good ETL group at my store because of my former ETL-GM who hated being in the office and was always on the floor helping somewhere. After 14 years at my store she transferred for personal reasons. I miss her dearly, but her standard of what ETLs should do is still holding.

My SD yeah. If he's on the floor, you know a visit is coming. The ETLs are always on the floor unless they have computer work to do. Even my ETL-HR chips in. She does OPUs, runs out drive ups, pushes cosmetics or style, jumps on a register, or whatever.

I have a pretty good ETL group at my store because of my former ETL-GM who hated being in the office and was always on the floor helping somewhere. After 14 years at my store she transferred for personal reasons. I miss her dearly, but her standard of what ETLs should do is still holding.
Yes , this is what leading from the front looks like. Be the example.

Our store actually did this one day over the summer during BTS. We were told we couldn't call for any support, so we didn't. I remember at one point we had over 1000 eaches for OPUs alone, with orders that were 2 hours overdue. That was the day our OPU POT was 29%. Never happened again. 😂

Back