How are y’all’s stores?

If you have take a LOA because of being overwhelmed at work it's time to quit.

If they deny the the LOA they're screwed in Target's eyes anyway.

I would just be like my former ETL and go somewhere else that isn't retail and quit.
I’ve taken an LOA before to recoupe and so have many of my Target peers. LOA’s are an option for a reason. I’ve been part of conference call meetings with District and Group Level Leaders literally telling that to us Store Level Leaders. Specially during these rougher times.

Yes some end up quitting during the LOA. But a few, the strongest ones, have comeback and been able to handle their store situations.

I’ve taken an LOA before to recoupe and so have many of my Target peers. LOA’s are an option for a reason. I’ve been part of conference call meetings with District and Group Level Leaders literally telling that to us Store Level Leaders. Specially during these rougher times.

Yes some end up quitting during the LOA. But a few, the strongest ones, have comeback and been able to handle their store situations.
Was your LOA paid?

Does if fall under FMLA?

Last edited:
Corporate has been in our store daily since last Wednesday. They have canceled the last 5 trucks so that we can get the backroom cleaned up. They're also asking the team members alot of questions about management. In the last two weeks, 2 team leads, 2 etl's, and 10 team members have quit. The grocery etl walked out without prior notice last Wednesday. It's crazy.
Sounds like my store... except I wish Corporate would come in and do that to our store. On a good side after a 3 hour conference call with the DSD our SD is on "LOA"... us old-timers know what that means

Was your LOA paid?

Does if fall under FMLA?
Mine was partial FMLA and paid. Paid through certain treatment dates, an none paid through the remainder.

My peers have taken one or the other or a combination of similar to me and it’s all been approved. Wether two weeks or under 90 days or so.

In front of a guest and tm today Our leadership mentioned under their breath that " we have to train these tm s"...to fix the escalator cart ramp when it jams. Now that's work thrown my way I never expected. Personally I m not touching it. Ever. And I m sure the company that is always out working on it will appreciate that.

My etl will help zone their areas & push freight too. They don't stand around or hide in a office.
I’ve seen ETL’s and TL’s help at my work but really they only do it when things go bad like multiple callouts or there’s not enough help, Unfortunately this day in age it’s allowed that management can be micromanaging and be assholes and also not do much but be in their office. Me personally, I enjoy the day more when I see them less.

Apparently I got my wish as another ETL and TL quit DSD has now come in and taken over...
My SD didn't come in today, but the DSD and his corporate boss did. They found 40 pallets up in the steel of Bullseye mdse that had set dates of 10/17 and 12/4. Fall and Christmas merchandise that never made it to the floor and should have been salvaged out months ago.

Today SD had me and the Inbound TL clean all the clutter from Specialty that’s been abandoned in light duty between the aisle because we have a visit tomorrow 🙄

Store still looks like ass and my 141’s took a hit because of him having me waste half my shift on that nonsense.

In front of a guest and tm today Our leadership mentioned under their breath that " we have to train these tm s"...to fix the escalator cart ramp when it jams. Now that's work thrown my way I never expected. Personally I m not touching it. Ever. And I m sure the company that is always out working on it will appreciate that.
Oh you have the cart demons. And yes Mitsubishi appreciates u not fucking with them , and also turning them off when the store is closed

My etl will help zone their areas & push freight too. They don't stand around or hide in a office.

I’ve seen ETL’s and TL’s help at my work but really they only do it when things go bad like multiple callouts or there’s not enough help, Unfortunately this day in age it’s allowed that management can be micromanaging and be assholes and also not do much but be in their office. Me personally, I enjoy the day more when I see them less.
I’m usually always present and even set aisles with my TL and TMs. If I’m off the floor or at a computer my team knows I have something to handle and I’m never looked at like an ETL who hides. I do a lot of planning to make my teams life easier too. On the floor I use my phone to generates notes of plans then implement them on the computer towards the tail end of my shift.

nothing bothers me more than ETLs that hide in the office and are only a voice on the walkie. I understand our jobs isn’t primarily to be working the same task as team members and team leads but be present in some form. Worse is seeing an ETL in a relatively easy department pretending he or she is so busy they can’t help their team while others that have huge responsibilities is able to do so.

I perfectly understand what you guys are saying. Just know it bothers other ETLs that see that too. I always remember that I started as a team member. I remember what I hated in my ETLs over the years…I refrain from doing that.

I’m usually always present and even set aisles with my TL and TMs. If I’m off the floor or at a computer my team knows I have something to handle and I’m never looked at like an ETL who hides. I do a lot of planning to make my teams life easier too. On the floor I use my phone to generates notes of plans then implement them on the computer towards the tail end of my shift.

nothing bothers me more than ETLs that hide in the office and are only a voice on the walkie. I understand our jobs isn’t primarily to be working the same task as team members and team leads but be present in some form. Worse is seeing an ETL in a relatively easy department pretending he or she is so busy they can’t help their team while others that have huge responsibilities is able to do so.

I perfectly understand what you guys are saying. Just know it bothers other ETLs that see that too. I always remember that I started as a team member. I remember what I hated in my ETLs over the years…I refrain from doing that.
I stand behind managers who understand. I don’t have too many I can vouch for at my store and defend

Sounds like my store... except I wish Corporate would come in and do that to our store. On a good side after a 3 hour conference call with the DSD our SD is on "LOA"... us old-timers know what that means
Hahaha. My last SD went on "LOA." Right in the middle of a full-store remodel. Two weeks before March 2020.

My ETL lives In the team lead office. You can always find her sitting in the same spot scrolling through her Snapchat while yelling on the walkie for people to do some work. It’s amazing how people the people who get promoted don’t do shit else but yell into the walkie and “delegate”!

Today I found out that our AP ETL has hidden cameras in the break room conference room, and some offices in the back where the team leaders spend their time…. How weird is that? Imagine being so obsessed with your job that you go a step further to spy on everyone. Wtf 😵‍💫

Today I found out that our AP ETL has hidden cameras in the break room conference room, and some offices in the back where the team leaders spend their time…. How weird is that? Imagine being so obsessed with your job that you go a step further to spy on everyone. Wtf 😵‍💫
A step further/obsessed? That IS their job lol. And they probably had a very good reason.

Back