How are y’all’s stores?

I think all stores are in a tough spot with style coming in heavy , decor even more so and now with the new communication of sea coming in heavy to make room for bts at dc will make it tougher. But it does not compare with 4 years ago when they released everything to the point I had over 300 pallets at the off-site alone without counting the ones in the store .

Today I found out that our AP ETL has hidden cameras in the break room conference room, and some offices in the back where the team leaders spend their time…. How weird is that? Imagine being so obsessed with your job that you go a step further to spy on everyone. Wtf 😵‍💫
If they're doing it, it's for a specific reason. We have new cameras in our breakroom and in our backroom/receiving areas to monitor team members.

Because all the cameras in the store are visible and nobody warns that you might be watched behind closed/locked offices.
It is 100% in your employment contract that it tells you any time any place on the property you can be watched on camera.
Only place it is illegal is the bathrooms. Everywhere else is fair game.

It is 100% in your employment contract that it tells you any time any place on the property you can be watched on camera.
Only place it is illegal is the bathrooms. Everywhere else is fair game.
Right I assume so because that's a standard thing. But being in a contract doesn't always make it okay to do things like that. Especially if it becomes known that people change clothes in say, an ETL office because they reasonably assume it's not on camera. Just saying it's not smart and could cause big problems.

Right I assume so because that's a standard thing. But being in a contract doesn't always make it okay to do things like that. Especially if it becomes known that people change clothes in say, an ETL office because they reasonably assume it's not on camera. Just saying it's not smart and could cause big problems.
It’s not a spy camera that anyone assumes not being watch . It is well visible to anyone walking in the office that its there .

I love my store, it’s in a good location and hardly ever get much creepy/homeless people. My store is in California, what state is yours in?
California. A once beautiful location now full of tweakers and homeless people. I hate my store and I pretty much let HR know that yesterday. I left crying and she sounded on the verge of tears too.

You CANNOT use cameras to spy on your workers. There's enough out there on that.

What you can do is look at the tape if an event occurs such as an accident. It's more for protection of the company against false accusations.

If you use one to monitor your employees, you have to monitor all employees and they must be aware of such. Usually in a written agreement with all parties involved.

That's why you should never look at any camera footage unless you have to.

I think all stores are in a tough spot with style coming in heavy , decor even more so and now with the new communication of sea coming in heavy to make room for bts at dc will make it tougher. But it does not compare with 4 years ago when they released everything to the point I had over 300 pallets at the off-site alone without counting the ones in the store .
I believe in the near future, spot is not going to be very forgiving to the stores who do not plan for such events prior to their arrival.

We fell flat on our faces. Our leadership refused to use the storage containers and thought we could just "muscle" through it.

All I can say that it was just incredibly stupid.

Today I found out that our AP ETL has hidden cameras in the break room conference room, and some offices in the back where the team leaders spend their time…. How weird is that? Imagine being so obsessed with your job that you go a step further to spy on everyone. Wtf 😵‍💫
That’s completely standard and normal. The only place you won’t find a camera is the bathroom and fitting room.

I believe in the near future, spot is not going to be very forgiving to the stores who do not plan for such events prior to their arrival.

We fell flat on our faces. Our leadership refused to use the storage containers and thought we could just "muscle" through it.

All I can say that it was just incredibly stupid.
No one would have been prepared for what happened 4 years ago . Even with payroll , space anything . That was the hq-dc issue not a store issues. When they released everything by mistake .

No one would have been prepared for what happened 4 years ago . Even with payroll , space anything . That was the hq-dc issue not a store issues. When they released everything by mistake .
That was an anomaly. What I'm referring to is the latest RDC releases. We were notified it was coming. Going forward, it would not be unreasonable for a better outcome.

Our store is fine :/ like we dont have pallers of unworked stuff. Our store is zoned. Our backroom has way to much backstock but like we arrent drowning? Yet every store near us is. Im a bit at a loss for that. Heck one store near us has over 40 pallets of unsorted apparel. Thry have pallets literally on the floorpad of their repacks because their backroom is to full. We have eay to much apparel but lioe idk. We arenr doing to bad imo.

Yet our sd screams at us dsily how much we suck and how our store looks like walmart 🙄 we have a good team. Arent w big stoe. We get things done. I dont understand that person tbh.

We currently have 24” path around our backroom - if someone is passing through you have to wait in the fire hall till they are through because only 1 person can walk the path at a time. BOTH sides are 2 pallets/Uboats deep with freight. Some of the push was delivered MONTHS ago.

Our rear seasonal has at LEAST 20 pallets of freight in it - NO way to SEE most of the merchandise that is stocked there. I wonder if ANYTHING has sold from rear seasonal at all - as it is a completely UN-shoppable space.

We did not clearance out our displays as directed because we can NOT GET to them - they are surrounded by pallets of freight. We have NO WHERE to set the DEAL pallets they are sending !

I see LOTS of salvage in our future.

I 100% percent blame our NEW GM-ETL that is incapable of making a good decision, gives no direction to anyone and shrugs shoulders when needing to cancel trucks or metrics are bad. Thinks those things are beyond control……ah, no……they are in YOUR control and YOU REFUSE to TAKE control !!!!!

When is anyone from outside of our store going to see this ? I want to send someone pictures.

Back