Archived How bad did I mess up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing pulls today and there was an item that kept being pulled that was overstocked. I decided to "reset the accumulator" using SUBT, a trick I just learned the other day. I was told to be careful with this, but I figured it was an easy enough process. I did it a few times with no problem. So I went into SUBT, scanned the item, scanned the location, and entered 9999 under item amount. Then it asked me "did you pull all of the item from this location?" and I went to press "no" so I could enter the count, but I accidentally clicked the "back" button instead... or I thought I did at least because the back button got highlighted. It told me to enter the item amount so I hit 9999 again because I thought I hit back. Well, that set the item amount to 9999. I kind of panicked and decided to just do the same thing again to reset it again. Scanned item, scanned location, hit 9999. Then, nothing. It just kicked me back to the SUBT start screen.

So, I go tell my LOD I might have fucked up. I explain the situation to her and she scans the item with item search and it shows a backroom amount of 0 and an on-hand amount of 9, which seems about right. She didn't seem too worried about it and that was that, but I couldn't help shaking the feeling I might have messed something up bigtime. I still don't really know how the whole system works behind-the-scenes. Am I just being paranoid?

You were fine because you fixed mistake right away. Now if you left it as 9999 and instocks came and updated the on-hand then you fucked up.

You could have left it like that overnight then fixed it right before instocks started scanning and you would be good.

Luckily, SUBT doesn't create errors like scanning in a batch does, so you didn't create thousands of baffles. As long as you SUBT'd 9,999 rather than STOing 9,999, you're ok.

The SUBT app is so buggy, I always have to double-check the item later to make sure it actually pulled from the location.

Ok good. I was worried because it showed the location as having 9999 of them in SUBT; but when we checked it later it showed 0. Thanks for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back