Archived How can I stay part time after seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the seasonal positions are coming to an end after New year's, I was told that it's possible for me to stay after January as part time if I impress the team. I'm an electronics TM and have been doing my best at everything, I've been staying late every shift and have been taking every shift offer that comes up to try to make my self stand out. They have noticed that I have a good work ethic but they don't seem that they like me enough to keep me. Is there anything I could do to have them think of me as someone they want to keep post-seasonal? I really like this job and I really need it too, any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Keep in mind that hours fall off a cliff next month and remain low for months. Therefore, they may not need you in Electronics.

Express your interest in both staying on and being willing to learn other work centers. Let leadership know NOW as the cuts are coming in days. Many stores have already decided who stays and who goes.

Pull in those Red Cards.
Get people to purchase attachments/accessories
Report potential loses

Pretty much everything everyone else has said here. Express interest in other work centers.

Sometimes you may be doing everything right- getting attachments, maintaining a high/green SRP%, making sure guests leave with more than they came in for, etc. However they may just not need another electronics TM after the holidays.

Keep your avail wide open, a change of red/khaki in your car & your phone ON.

I am a cashier, seasonal, part-time and I really want to stay on after Christmas, just like I am. One TL doesn't seem to like me too much, she is abrupt with me all the time. True I don't know if she is like that with everybody. The HR director seems to like me, the other TLs are ok. The other TM's aren't real social or cliquey. I learned fast and am always learning and I am a good cashier. Industrious and honest, and beyond reliable.
Can one TL take me down?

I am a cashier, seasonal, part-time and I really want to stay on after Christmas, just like I am. One TL doesn't seem to like me too much, she is abrupt with me all the time. True I don't know if she is like that with everybody. The HR director seems to like me, the other TLs are ok. The other TM's aren't real social or cliquey. I learned fast and am always learning and I am a good cashier. Industrious and honest, and beyond reliable.
Can one TL take me down?

This is your GSTL or a salesfloor TL? If it's a salesfloor TL, I wouldn't worry about it.

Talk to your ETL and maybe some of the other ETLs about wanting to stay on. Bonus points if you're open to being crosstrained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back