Answered How can I use my discount?

So I know that I can use my employee discount when I pay with a giftcard.. can I still use my discount if I use a gift card to pay only a portion of the total? Or does the entire cost need to be covered by a gift card in order to use my discount?

I have had 3 different employees (2 from my store and 1 from another) this month ask me to suspend their transaction so they can purchase a gift card so they could use their discount. When I refuse, they give me such an attitude. I tell them they can look up the employee discount policy on the website or help on the app. I think I am going to just tell them I've been coached (even though I haven't because I never do it) so they don't get mad at me.

I think it's dumb that they make such a big deal out of that. They work here, they have the right to use the discount. Who cares if they purchase a gift card?

I'm not directing that at you @SallyHoover, I'm directing it at Corporate. I think it's a dumb policy, but does exist so we absolutely should follow it. Not worth losing your job over 10%.

I think it's dumb that they make such a big deal out of that. They work here, they have the right to use the discount. Who cares if they purchase a gift card?

I'm not directing that at you @SallyHoover, I'm directing it at Corporate. I think it's a dumb policy, but does exist so we absolutely should follow it. Not worth losing your job over 10%.
If that was the case they should just let them use a non target cc or debit and get the discount. Then there would be no reason to have to use a credit card to purchase the gift card. Using a credit card typically costs target between 1.9-2.9 in credit card fees. I think actual debit is typically closer to $0.35-$1.00 regardless of the amount. Perhaps target could give employees a 7% discount when using a non red card credit or debit.

I have had 3 different employees (2 from my store and 1 from another) this month ask me to suspend their transaction so they can purchase a gift card so they could use their discount. When I refuse, they give me such an attitude. I tell them they can look up the employee discount policy on the website or help on the app. I think I am going to just tell them I've been coached (even though I haven't because I never do it) so they don't get mad at me.

I had 1 TM that did that on a regular basis when I would be running SCO. She would ring up her purchases at 1 SCO, quickly step over to another SCO to purchase a Target g/c using a credit card and use the newly purchased g/c to pay for her purchases.

Used to irritate the heck out of me that she tied up 2 of my registers! And she would purchase the gift card for the EXACT amount!

I told AP because I needed to wash my hands of the whole situation and cover my behind. They never did anything about it 🤷‍♀️

It seems like they could set it up so it's 10% the way it is now, and 5% or something with non-Target debit/credit cards.

But if they don't really bother to enforce the current rules, eh, whatever. Tying up two registers is annoying, though.

Back