Archived How close am I to getting interviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working in my development for awhile now...two weeks before Black Friday I was given my leadership expectations...spoke with my etl about my strengths and opportunities..it was told there would be an opening and an interview could happen sooner than I think. I know I needed to get my strengths and ops down more and I have...black Friday week and weekend was crazy and it was hard to talk to anyone then because I was so busy running around the store. I've also been training tons of new team members.last night I spoke with hr and brought up going for team lead, she told me she heard that I wanted to interview....said that she and our stl and etls had discussed filling the position for team lead. When I was leaving they told me they would speak with me further soon about interviewing. How can I kick start this....stand out more than I do. I'm already extremely global and everyone expresses how much they appreciate all I do for the store. I'm Just eager to start the interviewing process. I work Saturday should I speak with someone again?

Believe me when I say that, even though it may seem like it, they are not forgetting about you. By the time they choose to tell you when your interviews will be, they'll already have a plan for you and probably an idea of what TL position your STL will put you in. I brought up the exact same concerns with my ETL-HR a while ago and she assured me the same thing I'm telling you right now, and it's true. My STL pulled me into her office not too long ago and was like "by the way your interviews are in 2 weeks, what shifts do you have GSA/GSTL coverage so you could spend time prepping with me?" and then went on to try convincing me to like the idea of the TL position she wanted me in. So if they want to promote you they really are talking about you and working out a plan, you probably just won't hear it until they already have it worked out.

I was told to walkie hr etl as soon as I clock in on Monday so she can status with me regarding going for team lead.

I hope everything goes well.

Thanks! Yesterday I spoke with hr....we discussed my strengths and my op.... He spent some time "diving into my mind" getting to know me as a person. Asking about certain hardships I've gone through in the past....how I got through them. Really got my mind going. It was a great conversation....both satisfied....he is closing Friday so he says we will discuss more. Then.

Also....last night ..I was in seasonal. At first it was myself and another "vet" and his trainee. Shortly after he started his shift he was pulled to push cafs and replaced with another new employee who was on his fourth day at work...had never zoned..only pushed cafs. As you all know...seasonal is crazy..especially since it ptm.....I had go back carts galore and a ton of cafs to push. My etl told me he was surprised how calm I was when he first came to status with me....progressively he saw the department get better and better. Turns out I was being tested and I was told I handled the situation perfectly. Proud of myself,

Also....last night ..I was in seasonal. At first it was myself and another "vet" and his trainee. Shortly after he started his shift he was pulled to push cafs and replaced with another new employee who was on his fourth day at work...had never zoned..only pushed cafs. As you all know...seasonal is crazy..especially since it ptm.....I had go back carts galore and a ton of cafs to push. My etl told me he was surprised how calm I was when he first came to status with me....progressively he saw the department get better and better. Turns out I was being tested and I was told I handled the situation perfectly. Proud of myself,

Very good! Sounds like one of those "tell me about a time when you..." situations.

Yup, he told me to write that down and a situation I could possibly use. I'm meeting with both hr etls on Friday when I close. Yesterday I was told that I haven't been forgotten about and that they are thinking of things for me. I'm glad I decided to really push forward after Black Friday.

Spoke with hr today...going to have a sit down on Sunday night....also getting paired with a team lead to prep for interviews!!! N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back