Archived How close are you with your TLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cordial to most etl's and tl's. loved the old group we had at our store, i text with them now that i dont see them.
New ones coming in, hired by new district person are all to young and inexperienced and all are from the same mold. Awful group of leaders.

I try hard not to talk to front end etl. For some reason he doesn't like anything I do. he is passive aggressive and makes rude comments to me all the time. Extremely disrespectful.
Sft and ap in our store are great too.

I'm lucky, my store's team is super tight-knit and everyone gets along for the most part.

Hardlines TL 1: You're the one who trained me, and you're super cool. I don't know how you retain so much knowledge; at this point, you basically should be an ETL if you want the position and there's one open
Hardlines TL 2: You look much younger than you really are. You kind of remind me of an older version of myself, but I hope to move beyond Target (no offense to you)
Hardlines TL 3: You were the TL in charge of me, and you left recently to transfer to a store closer to your home. I'll miss you
Consumables TL: I didn't like you when I first met you. But somehow we worked through the misunderstanding and got along. You have so much energy, I have no idea how you do it
Plano/Presentation TL: You're a HEAVY smoker. And you're nice enough to work with, but sometimes you look dead on the inside...
Softlines TL 1: You basically run softlines, you know where everything is, and you have the best outfits! I get the sense that you really enjoy what you do
Softlines TL 2: You're nice, but we don't talk much. I have a feeling that we'd have quite a bit in common if we really got to know each other
SFT: You are a freaking ninja, I only see you when something needs fixing, you take care of it, and then you're off. You're a pretty cool guy, good at guest service, despite your position
Food Ave TL: You're funny and sweet. Behind the scenes, you're also funny in an inappropriate way, but everyone loves having you around
Starbucks TL: You're very quiet, but starbucks seems to be humming along. I really don't have anything to add, I've only seen you a handful of times
SrGSTL: You (probably) look much younger than you really are. I have a ton of respect for you, since you're willing to get your hands dirty and do anything. I also secretly think you're kinda cute
GSTL 2: You were sooooo coool with everyone. You've since left to go back to school, and I understand it was the best decision for you. But I still miss having you around
GSTL 3: STOP TELLING ME TO GET MORE REDCARDS. I ask everyone, if they don't want it, I can't magically change their mind.
(Sr) Backroom TL: You're better behaved when you have an LOD shift, but you're kinda cool either way
HR TL: You're okay, we don't have much interaction, but you're nice to everybody
Flow TL 1: I said hi to you one night and you ignored me. F**k you too buddy
Flow TL 2: You're cool, don't see you a lot, but you keep the team in good shape

Forgot about the SFT. He does his job. Hurray! But when he isn't busy (a lot of the time!) he walks around chit chatting to people or is using his phone on the sales floor or in the backroom. And NO ONE says anything about it.

If I get done early, I can't do that. And don't give me ... But his hours come from the district ... bullshit. That's crap.

If it's from the district, why worry?

Forgot about the SFT. He does his job. Hurray! But when he isn't busy (a lot of the time!) he walks around chit chatting to people or is using his phone on the sales floor or in the backroom. And NO ONE says anything about it.

If I get done early, I can't do that. And don't give me ... But his hours come from the district ... bullshit. That's crap.

As long as my stores SFT does his job, I don't expect him to do other peoples jobs as well when he runs out of things to do tbh, I'm with you, if he's scheduled more hours than his responsibilities require, good for him.

As long as my stores SFT does his job, I don't expect him to do other peoples jobs as well when he runs out of things to do tbh, I'm with you, if he's scheduled more hours than his responsibilities require, good for him.

And good for the store! It's for the best if the SFT has very few things to do, it means everything is running good!

I exchange pleasantries with the majority of my leaders, but that's about it. I'd rather spend time getting through my zone than conversating with individuals who are too busy drinking Kool-Aid and crapping rainbows to care about (let alone relate to) what's going on in the lives of their underlings.

That said, there are a couple TLs with whom I can actually talk about stuff. Those are the leaders who respect us lowly TMs and thus deserve respect.

And good for the store! It's for the best if the SFT has very few things to do, it means everything is running good!

I never guessed so many people would argue in favor of the company wasting payroll like this. I guess it must be a symptom if how bad Target really has become. Cause I really can't reconcile how I can be buried in work, days behind, because we aren't given the payroll to complete pogs and revisions on time. But I still have to backup cashier. And on the way, I pass the sft standing in the main aisle talking on his phone. If he wants to talk about football, he could at least do it off the sales floor.

Fine, his hours come from the district. Whatever that means. The money to pay him comes from the same place mine comes from ... Selling toilet paper and dishes.

I'm expected to help however I'm needed. You know how many times I've heard the sft say ... That's not my job? One time is one time too many.

I never guessed so many people would argue in favor of the company wasting payroll like this. I guess it must be a symptom if how bad Target really has become. Cause I really can't reconcile how I can be buried in work, days behind, because we aren't given the payroll to complete pogs and revisions on time. But I still have to backup cashier. And on the way, I pass the sft standing in the main aisle talking on his phone. If he wants to talk about football, he could at least do it off the sales floor.

Fine, his hours come from the district. Whatever that means. The money to pay him comes from the same place mine comes from ... Selling toilet paper and dishes.

I'm expected to help however I'm needed. You know how many times I've heard the sft say ... That's not my job? One time is one time too many.

When standard TM's are hired they are let know that they may need to work outside of their departments and be flexible. The same is not true for the SFT, his job description is far more specific, driving sales is not by any means one of his responsibilities. If he can keep the store in tip top running condition and have time left over, good on him.

The reason some people aren't busy is because they did their job right the first time.

One of them I can't stand and have no respect for. Don't even speak to this person. Awful leader.
The other one is pretty good. We say hi and bye. At least this person makes an attempt at being a good leader.

I've got a decent relationship with the GSTLs and GSAs. They know I don't pretend to drink the koolaid but I do what they ask. Only thing that generally doesn't happen is asking for redcards. I don't care if they're a part of the core roles I get burnt out after about an hour or less. Even with the insanity at the service desk, it's better than constantly getting badgered about redcards.

My sft is always busy, so I rarely could even say I see him standing around doing nothing. And he's constantly at other stores helping out.

I know all my tls. I've hung putt at volunteer events with many if them, know them decent well. I like the current bunch less than the ones who have left for other stores, but that's life. I knew a couple before I came to spot which helped.

I also don't hang with many co-workers outside work. I do talk to many on Facebook though.

My store has primarily all female TL's...They're catty, snarky and seem to be the kool-aid drinking spot version of the plastics. The one male salesfloor TL we had though was one of my closest friends until they drove him out. After that, I have no relationship with the TL's, Even though they constantly are asking and prying for personal information.

I get along very well with my peers and have a tolerable relationship with the ETLs. As TLs we're all pretty united in the fact that our bosses do not do shit to help us (physical work, anyway).

I prefer maintaining a professional distance. I do not mind knowing the TLs as people and maybe knowing some of their interests and likes and dislikes outside of work but I do not like mixing business with pleasure.

Ugh, the TMs and ETL in one section where I often work are friends. They will stand right beside me and whisper to each other. Or a little group of them will stand around an area where I'm working and laugh and talk. It makes me feel like 2 cents. These people barely speak to me. So, if you are friendly with your leaders, please be nice about it. I know, I know, I shouldn't let it bother me, but it hurts and I wish they would not do it.

I am never rude to any Tl, srtl, etl or the stl ( even though sometimes I am tempted). I am always cordial to them, will say good morning, reply to any questions they ask etc. There is one srtl in my store that I do joke around with, on a more personal level because I knew her before she was promoted. So, I wouldn't say that I am close to any of them really...and really don't care to be .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back