Archived How come Target doesn't sell Tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my store only sells beer. which may be a good thing, having gambling hard liquor and smokes in my workplace would give me a vice overload lolol

"I cant set this pog that quick there was a, uh, guest that wanted all these things..."

I think it's more logistics than anything else. There's nowhere to put the cigarettes - it's not like we have a locked cage anywhere around the check stands and we certainly don't want to hold up the line while the GSTL runs for a pack of Marlboros. In a convenience store and gas station, all the cigs are behind the counter. In the grocery stores (at least in my state) the tobacco items are in a cage by the service desks.

And it's easier to steal cigarettes than liquor or beer cause those little packages are a bitch to spider wrap.

Why would you need to spiderwrap cigs at all? Target has the money for glass display cases. I mean they found money for those mannequins......where there is a will, there is a way!!! LOL.

I didn't mind selling cigs. I hated selling lottery tho. Man nothing holds up the lines longer then two veteran lotto players with a ton of scratch offs and/or daily 3's.....UGHHHH. NO LOTTO!!!!!!

I wonder how much Walmart makes a year with tobacco sales.

Not as much as they make selling guns & ammo.

Let's get some of that in too. I wonder who stocks that shit...Clearly it would have to be stocked before the store opens....can't have pulls of guns and ammo sitting around unattended lmao

http://dailybuzzlive.com/marlboro-m-brand-marijuana-cigarettes/

Let's sell these too.........lbs

Screen-Shot-2015-03-09-at-10.19.06-AM.png

There's a couple lifers at my store who have been with spot atleast 25 years and they remember when we used to sell guns and ammo.

Worked a remodel a few years back and we came across some 9mm ammo in the backroom. That was a very old store though.

There's a couple lifers at my store who have been with spot atleast 25 years and they remember when we used to sell guns and ammo.

Worked a remodel a few years back and we came across some 9mm ammo in the backroom. That was a very old store though.

Awesome!!! I'm gonna have to ask my co-worker who's been there for 33 years.

I know that Target points to its lack of cigarettes as part of its "corporate responsibility" mission, i.e. refusing to sell a product that still continues to represent one of the largest public health hazards in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back