How do I keep my Birthday private from the team?

So at my particular Target store, we have a calendar with a list of birthdays for the month for all to see. I absolutely hate my birthday for many personal reasons, I don't think birthdays are worthy of celebration. Whatever the case, I don't want my team to know my birthday. It comes up in May but is there a way I can let the company or HR know that I straight up DO NOT WANT MY BIRTHDAY TO BE SHARED on this breakroom calendar? Is this something that if I tell HR that they can document this and keep my birthday off the calendar for the rest of time? Or do I have to remind them every year to keep it off?

I feel Target sharing my birthday on this so-called calendar is a violation of my privacy. I don't want that information on there. What can I do to make sure my birthday is not shared with the team?

Ya, I get it.... but ain’t no one got time for that !
Hearing anything non-work related over the walkie is super annoying and makes me cringe. You would think I hated joy or something with how much I roll my eyes when people get cutesy. I'm a happy person, really, but your banter is making me scream inside - get back to work! 😝

My store has the same calendar and....literally nobody pays attention to it. Nobody has said anything to me on or around my birthday or anyone else's. No idea why they put them out there, honestly, but really you're best off just ignoring it like everyone else.

In 3 years I've literally heard one person get wished happy birthday on the walkie, and that was a TL and I think it was a deliberate troll. Nobody else GAF.

Most people don't understand why I hate my birthday so very much. The worst thing someone can do is wish me a happy birthday on that day...all that does it rubs salt into my wounds of that day (I've had tragedy strike me on that day, keep that personal). The best thing that can happen is for everyone to leave me alone. I don't like taking the day off work to avoid all the possibilities of someone finding out and wishing me that.

Not a fan of people who know my feelings for birthdays and they still wish me it anyway. That's not being a good friend. I will unfriend or break ties with anyone who does that to me.

Talking to HR at my store, I hope that'll seal up all possibilities of people knowing my birthday on the precious birthday calendar. I hope my TL doesn't have access to my information because they would be the type of person to say something on that day if I worked and they somehow found out. Do I have to let the entire leadership team at my store know I don't want my birthday to be known? Or is HR department the only thing I need to do.
I think mentioning it to HR would keep it off the calendar but not private at least at my store. My store this would have everyone and their brother knowing because of the way word spreads. Our HR would tell GSTL...so and so doesn’t want their birthday listed and Share your conversation, GSTL tells the other GSTL who tells GMTL who tells dam near everyone. Does anyone really look at that calendar anyway? I bet no one notices.

How true. We older more experienced folks both work and life just roll with it. We have absolutely nothing in common with the young ones, just keep it professional at work, low key, fly low and fast and line your mustard up nice and neat. It's just that simple. Stay healthy.

Great: email, web surfing, buying fishing stuff on line, abbreviated on line banking, marginal F Booking like connecting with old classmates, picture sharing of their grand kids and their new 12 ft aluminum row boat, an old friends '64 Mustang. Useless: twitter, snap (whatever the hell that is) and many other networking crap. Why yield privacy and info to the unknown? Stay healthy....get the vaccine.

Back