How do I pull?!

I’ve been at Target for over a year and do not fully get how to pull. I know you take the items you pull from the back room and push them, but what do you do first? I had so much anxiety when they first showed me I never really learned. >< Appreciate any help.

I’ve been at Target for over a year and do not fully get how to pull. I know you take the items you pull from the back room and push them, but what do you do first? I had so much anxiety when they first showed me I never really learned. >< Appreciate any help.
Priority pulls are first at my store.

I promise you they will not be mad if you ask your leadership this question. They will be happy you asked and are doing it correct rather then not fully understanding what you are doing and potentially making a wrong choice.
I know. But I have pretty weird social anxiety. I don’t think I can bring myself to ask at this point. It’s not about them it’s just about me being neurodivergent.

When you log into your zebra select area at the top right icon with your initial . If you need to do priorities you go to my day fill/backstock and select let’s say paper and you select priority. If you just need to pull an item for a guest , you scan the item label and then you select item detail and it will show location in the back and next to it will say take and it will prompt you to scan the location and you say how many you are taking .

To add a bit to what @allnew2 said:
From the Home screen, select fill/backstock (first on the list of available tasks). You'll see three options across the top; choose "fill the floor." In each area, you'll have a choice between one for one and priority. We do only priority pulls at my store for regular pulls.
It'll direct you to the first waco location. Scan the waco label and it'll show you the product to pull and how many. Scan the product bar code and take however many it tells you. Click on "done" and it'll direct you to the next waco. Work your way through the list and voila!
If you scan the wrong waco or the wrong product, it'll let you know. When this first happened to me, I had a moment of panic, like "how could I make a mistake already?" But it's really no big deal. Just pay attention to your screen and keep going. You'll be fine.

When you log into your zebra select area at the top right icon with your initial . If you need to do priorities you go to my day fill/backstock and select let’s say paper and you select priority. If you just need to pull an item for a guest , you scan the item label and then you select item detail and it will show location in the back and next to it will say take and it will prompt you to scan the location and you say how many you are taking .
Let them ask their leadership.you’re doing more harm than good..

To add a bit to what @allnew2 said:
From the Home screen, select fill/backstock (first on the list of available tasks). You'll see three options across the top; choose "fill the floor." In each area, you'll have a choice between one for one and priority. We do only priority pulls at my store for regular pulls.
It'll direct you to the first waco location. Scan the waco label and it'll show you the product to pull and how many. Scan the product bar code and take however many it tells you. Click on "done" and it'll direct you to the next waco. Work your way through the list and voila!
If you scan the wrong waco or the wrong product, it'll let you know. When this first happened to me, I had a moment of panic, like "how could I make a mistake already?" But it's really no big deal. Just pay attention to your screen and keep going. You'll be fine.
Let them ask their leadership.you’re doing more harm than good..

In a related note I noticed some items show up as a priority pulls show up but less than 100% (not 75%).

These items are not new and capacity is well above 30.

I brought this up a TL but nothing has been do so far.

My way around this is to fill them right before the store closes.

Has anyone else seen this?

In a related note I noticed some items show up as a priority pulls show up but less than 100% (not 75%).

Do you mean that you're told to pull something in a priority pull when the floor count is well above what should trigger a pull for that item?
I've noticed this recently on a few products and just brought it up to an ETL, who agreed that it seemed weird. Happened to be on products that have dual locations, the home and different end caps in my area. No way should I have to pull one package of cough drops when the combined capacity is over 20 and the floor counts are correct and in the high teens. The one package does fit, but it's not yet needed.
I've pulled the last one even when it's not actually needed on the floor, but that's not the case here. Pulled one from many to add to many. And it's been consistently the same few products.

Even better, just want OP to at least start a conversation IRL..
Okay but did you catch the part about the OP having some "weird social anxiety" (their words). I'm glad to see that they did ask their leader by way of text. I think it's just generally a good idea to work with a TM's "peculiarities" (my word) instead of against them when possible.

I think it has to do with popular items, the items that it keeps making me pull after only 1 or 2 of them are bought are all things that are very often bought. So 15 minutes later, another person buys one and it wants you to pull it again. Which means you are constantly just pulling the same things over and over again for no good reason. Who cares if there's only 29 bags of blue corn chips on the shelf when 30 fit? It doesn't make any sense. I've also been doing them later in the day because of this, which is ironic considering it's supposed to be priority pulls, but the way it is now it's a waste of time to do it earlier rather than later.

Last edited:
I think it has to do with popular items, the items that it keeps making me pull after only 1 or 2 of them are bought are all things that are very often bought. Which means you are constantly just pulling the same things over and over again for no good reason. Who cares if there's only 29 bags of blue corn chips on the shelf when 30 fit? It doesn't make any sense. I've also been doing them later in the day because of this, which is ironic considering it's supposed to be priority pulls, but the way it is now it's a waste of time to do it earlier rather than later.
Maybe, but that theory isn't consistently borne out in my area. If it was, I'd be pulling certain vitamins and toothbrushes and hand sanitizers one at a time. But those items aren't coming out frequently, just when they're actually getting low. Like they should be.

Maybe, but that theory isn't consistently borne out in my area. If it was, I'd be pulling certain vitamins and toothbrushes and hand sanitizers one at a time. But those items aren't coming out frequently, just when they're actually getting low. Like they should be.
I don't think it's every item that's a top seller. In my experience in dry grocery it's been stuff like peanut butter, pasta, ramen, G&G chips, Cheez-Its, Clif bars, etc. I haven't seen it happen with things like canned vegetables or soup.

I think it has to do with popular items, the items that it keeps making me pull after only 1 or 2 of them are bought are all things that are very often bought. So 15 minutes later, another person buys one and it wants you to pull it again. Which means you are constantly just pulling the same things over and over again for no good reason. Who cares if there's only 29 bags of blue corn chips on the shelf when 30 fit? It doesn't make any sense. I've also been doing them later in the day because of this, which is ironic considering it's supposed to be priority pulls, but the way it is now it's a waste of time to do it earlier rather than later.
I am now wondering whether it is doing this for the items that are TEMPORARILY tied to a location and not in a POG yet.

Either way I just fill them right before I leave at night.

Isn’t it because the Priory Pulls will now include One for Ones?

Back