how do i resign for a second time?

Long story short, I resigned via workday but was then approached by my manager about more hours, so I ended up staying. Now I have landed my dream job, but I can't resign in workday, there is no button to do so anymore. What do I do? Is there still a way to resign on workday that I’m just not finding??

Last edited:
Long story short, I resigned via workday but was then approached by my manager about more hours, so I ended up staying. Now I have landed my dream job, but I can't resign in workday, there is no button to do so anymore. What do I do? Is there still a way to resign on workday that I’m just not finding??
Speak with HR

You talk to your etl too.
How to quit on workday:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"

FYI - the option you listed above in Workday goes away once you use it the first time, that's what OP was asking about:
Is there still a way to resign on workday that I’m just not finding??

How very Target to remove the resign button after one time use. That's idiotic.

I wonder if it reappears after a week or so.
I think it is because the original resignation is still in Workday, because the term associated with the resignation never happened. HR needs to delete the resignation. One of my peeps did a similar thing, and that's how it was explained to me.

Some just don’t want to face the music
I agree with that to a point but we are at will employees and can be terminated without notice. I am 55 years old and this has happened in my career a few times.

I would resign in Workday, print out a copy, immediately tell my TL, and state my last day being whatever.

I also wouldn't be surprised if I was immediately walked out to door.

Back