Archived How do I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at Target for a few months now... I was seasonal and then they kept me on. I am a full time student...

Because I'm still a little green, I just want some advice as to how do well and impress the higher ups... Eventually I would like to look into management... I know there is a lot of pressure.... Any ideas? Advice?

Thank you :3

Be proactive & willing to learn other workcenters. Provide great gs, complete tasks & don't call out. Always ask questions, communicate well & always help others out(etl, tl, tm).

Be dependable, take initiative, be willing to do what others won't, learn anything they offer to teach you & be on the A-list when there's a call-out. Do what you say & say what you do.

In order to initially get noticed you're going to want to be going 110% at communication. If your TL/ETL can see that you are constantly responding to anything thats needed such as backups, calls etc., that will put you in good standing.

Once you get beyond that threshold its all about consistency and showing the higher ups that you are willing and capable to go above and beyond. In most cases this will get you recognized apart from your peers. Be proactive, ask questions, be a familiar face to your ETL's. Spark conversations with them, as you'll be the first TM they can think of when it comes to something they need done.

Yup. I was noticed, and then promptly overlooked for someone with considerably less experience. So, its all politics as well.

Thank you...

I'm afraid I've never been very good at politics. I've been moved into the lines, fitting room, cashiering... But mostly the lines... and it seems they like to work but also talk, a lot.

I was recognized after a remodel (which I was originally hired for), so I'm hoping that will follow me through. The STL knows me by name, and asks how I do... Most of the ETL's I know on a first name basis. Will see. I want to do a great job, and hopefully one day earn a better pay check for it.

no it's definately possible to get a higher hourly wage....to be fair though you will lose a lot of hours to the new people though who make less than you.

First you need to go above and beyond for about four years. Apply for every TL position you see posted and get turned down every time. Then here's the important part: find a better paying job elsewhere. Every time you enter the store you'll be asked. "What would it take for you to come back." That's when you leverage a better position. Or you could always do what I do and tell them there's no chance at this time.

First you need to go above and beyond for about four years. Apply for every TL position you see posted and get turned down every time. Then here's the important part: find a better paying job elsewhere. Every time you enter the store you'll be asked. "What would it take for you to come back." That's when you leverage a better position. Or you could always do what I do and tell them there's no chance at this time.

Revenge is so sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back