Archived How do transfers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpotDigsColdBrew

Magic beans: Now made of pure coffee!
I’m moving in a few months. HR has already sent my file to some of the stores I’m interested in. However, I was told to wait until those stores contacted me at this point. Is this true? What should I do from here? I'm getting very little information from HR when I ask about this.

I’m moving in a few months. HR has already sent my file to some of the stores I’m interested in. However, I was told to wait until those stores contacted me at this point. Is this true? What should I do from here? I'm getting very little information from HR when I ask about this.
This depends on the store, so ASANTS. Basically, regardless of who contacts the stores you're interested in, you have to wait on their HR to respond or get things in motion; your store can't do all the legwork. Best recommendation from me is to consistently check with HR about it, being as civil and polite about it as possible since there isn't a whole lot they can really do.
If it gets a bit ridiculous on timeframe, try asking someone like your ETL HR or Store Director (politely) to follow up with your first choice of store.

This depends on the store, so ASANTS. Basically, regardless of who contacts the stores you're interested in, you have to wait on their HR to respond or get things in motion; your store can't do all the legwork. Best recommendation from me is to consistently check with HR about it, being as civil and polite about it as possible since there isn't a whole lot they can really do.
If it gets a bit ridiculous on timeframe, try asking someone like your ETL HR or Store Director (politely) to follow up with your first choice of store.
Hi, would it be a good idea to reachout to some of the stores the OPs file has been sent to ?

Definitely contact the new store. Try to talk to a leader from the area you want to transfer to. They are much more likely to push things through if they want you. (Go to your leader first, so no surprises).

Thank you all for your responses. I’ll contact those stores my file was sent to and get a head start on things.

Keep in mind that a lot of stores are in different phases of the new process so they maybe holding off on hiring at the moment. Your first couple choices might be “no’s” or offer other positions. Keep an open mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back