Archived How do you deal with disrespect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not my boss

No, but as was posted in this thread much earlier,

"unfortunately MY boss disagrees with you."

So I may not be your "boss," but I can report you to MY boss. If you'd prefer more instant results, the LOD is a walkie call away.

Cashiers are expected to follow the instruction of the front-end supervisor on-duty, which includes the GSAs.

have a one-on-one with your GSTL and ask him/her how to address these situations. When I started out as a GSA I had a few of the same issues, and her initial response was to lead by example, delegate with respect, and get the LOD/TLOD/a TL involved if there were still issues. About a year later, when I asked my GSTL the same question, she said "let me get back to you on that." and she came back with the ETL-HR and I was formally trained on giving a coaching. ASANTS; figure out what your leaders are empowering you to do, and then follow-suit :)

So I may not be your "boss," but I can report you to MY boss. If you'd prefer more instant results, the LOD is a walkie call away.

Cashiers are expected to follow the instruction of the front-end supervisor on-duty, which includes the GSAs.
yea now there are times I think one of our GSAs is a total incompetent idiot but I have always done what they say with a smile (even if it is a forced smile).

Most people are looking for a reaction be it good or bad...they just want to push your buttons and see how far they can go. Set the standard of how you want to be treated...by treating them the same way. Let them know you are not going to put up witth disrespect and if it continues then consult with your TL

Talk to THE PERSON themselves! Someone "told" on me today and I completely lost all respect for them, it's a grown up way to do things by going straight to the source of the problem. Don't go behind someone's back about an issue you are having with them, it's just plain tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back