Archived How do you keep see spot save from looking like a flea market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly once a week for 5 hours ( when we get enough hours) ,I zone and clean see spot save.It is a mess! Nothing is ever put in the right place.It is pretty much much the dumping place for stuff that tms are too lazy to put away !
One tm in flow takes care of it,but she stuffes everything everywhere.right now for example,on the endcap with hello kitty,there are food and other misc.therefore,there is no room for the actual product that she puts into an another spot....
We are not allowed to backstock any of it.it simply doesn't make sense.
For example,I zone it on tuesday morning ,it looks great ,old stuff is being defected,strays put away. Right item put it in right place,( like it supposed to be) .
Wednesday morning,after the truck,the whole thing is destroyed! Overflowing with the same stuff over and over,( opening a second box of cotton candy ,when the first one was more than enough is beyond me .)

So ,how does your area looks like? Are you allowed to backstock? Who is in charge of zoning it daily?

What I came up with for ours is working pretty well...

1) Hault all flexing... generally i wait for it to reset and tell everyone to act like its a normal planogram, pushing only to the piece (flow and plano)
2) I have instocks scan it under RSCH and if there are no BR locs, I have them put a flip label with a random 1.00 or 2.50 label in it (signaling it as a flex bin)
3) When flow pushes one spot, they set their backstock flat from it (since they aren't flexing) back on the line and put a PTM clip on it... We schedule an instocks TM under a front end workcenter to work out this flat after scanning is done... and all they have to do is look for the empty bins with flip labels over them to find the spots they "can" flex over... If something comes back in that is already flexed over, they just put the stuff where it goes and then the flex product goes onto the PTM flat...

I will talk to and etl and see what we can come up with.
Rock lobster ,your way seems very interesting and coherent.I wish we could implement it at my store! and will try to push for it.
The other day ,we had a big visit,and that was the only time that I was able to backstock some of it ,it looked great.but the next day ,everything was put back there.
I felt so down ,because of all that hard work that went into it,was just dismissed!!

We backstock ours. Push it to the regular locations, and only flex before it goes clearance/resets. Our front end team spot zones it every night and the closing team all runs through it the day or two each week that they don't all end up in softlines zoning. If you can get the flow team to stop overstocking and just backstock I think your problems will be minimal.

Zone and push every day. We tried the no-flex rule, but it didn't work out that well especially since we're not allowed to backstock it and instocks doesn't research it. So, it's in a constant state of flex. We have a tub every morning that the service desk TM and a cashier will work out. One of our GSAs has SSS as a captainship, so she plans out what to do every morning and helps push. Between that and having our closer zone it before they leave, SSS usually looks great!

The problem is that one flow tm thinks it is her area ,and she does what she wants with it !
One prime example,last tuesday,I restocked hello kitty on the endcap,everything was there,no empty spot. The next day,she moved some items ( the hair clip and jewelry ) to an another spot,and put panda cookies and some random batteriesthere.why? Not a darn clue !

I am caught between the stl who wants something done there,and the etl who doesn't care about it,but doesn't want any backstock in the backroom ( even with the transitions,which I think could be done,it is not like it would take a whole pallet of backstock,but maybe 2 or 3 repacks really !!!)

Cashiers,guest service ,salesfloor tm ,don't zone that area,they do not have time !!!! That is what I was told !
What I could Ask is to be trained instock,and then could do teh research myself ! I can dream no?

At my store, we have a Guest Service TM that is in charge of maintaining SSS on weekday mornings. When we merchandise it, we fill to planogram the best we can, then we flex the rest so it doesn't have to be backstocked.

one of our GSA's is in charge of SSS. We have the luxury of having a front stock room so we backstock in there and only flex right before a reset. The front end zones every single night and if it's getting really bad and our gsa is not there she will leave a note for us to work on it as we can. We have quite a few GSA's with an "area" of their own so they try help each other out.
We also sort SSS in it's own basket at GS and they will often put that abandon away and zone a bit as they do it. Our general rule is if you are putting away abandon over there you need to take a little bit of time to zone it as well.

What I came up with for ours is working pretty well...

1) Hault all flexing... generally i wait for it to reset and tell everyone to act like its a normal planogram, pushing only to the piece (flow and plano)
2) I have instocks scan it under RSCH and if there are no BR locs, I have them put a flip label with a random 1.00 or 2.50 label in it (signaling it as a flex bin)
3) When flow pushes one spot, they set their backstock flat from it (since they aren't flexing) back on the line and put a PTM clip on it... We schedule an instocks TM under a front end workcenter to work out this flat after scanning is done... and all they have to do is look for the empty bins with flip labels over them to find the spots they "can" flex over... If something comes back in that is already flexed over, they just put the stuff where it goes and then the flex product goes onto the PTM flat...

I like the flip label idea. I may borrow that. GTC to you!

After a reset we keep it pristinely zoned to planogram... When stuff starts going D-Code though, we start flexing it all over to keep it brand.

Front end is mostly responsible for SSS at my store.

The flip label thing is a good idea, we sometimes do it when flexing in Trading Cards / Endcaps prior to doing label maintenance... Not sure if writing the price on the flip side though would be considered brand

After a reset we keep it pristinely zoned to planogram... When stuff starts going D-Code though, we start flexing it all over to keep it brand.

Front end is mostly responsible for SSS at my store.

The flip label thing is a good idea, we sometimes do it when flexing in Trading Cards / Endcaps prior to doing label maintenance... Not sure if writing the price on the flip side though would be considered brand

Lol we don't write anything on the flip labels... we just pick an item and make 100 generic labels since it doesn't matter what they say as long as the price is right

We fill fill fill, Flex flex flex and fill fill fill even more! But thats just to keep it full. In order to keep it maintained we schedule our closing guest service person till 10:30 to zone S.S.S. and if it's bad enough, we group zone at the end of the night. It hasn't ever been an opportunity on any visits of ours.

We sell SSS very quickly at my store. We haven't set the area in almost 3 years via STL direction. He says its a waste to spend payroll on it since we are ULV. Once we get freight off the truck whether its transition or not, it gets pushed to the floor 100%. Nothing is allowed in the backroom from that department. If anything is overstock it gets staged on a flat in front of the line in receiving. When there is downtime front end cashiers and guest service zone the area. Our Flow TL has also taken ownership of it and zones and pushes it on non truck days.

Our store:

1. no backstock
2. who ever is the morning cashier and GStm are the ones to put stuff out
3. ideally the GStm zones at night
4. to planogram???? doesn't even happen at reset time.

At one time our store had SSS done to planogram. SSS looks good when planogrammed (? right word??) because items are set with like items and you can see the "theme" for areas of SSS.

I like SSS to planogram it looks nice and the front end looks more inviting.

I can totally relate. See spot always looks like a bomb went off at my store. There's crap everywhere and anywhere. My GSTL just tells me when we get a pull to just put like items together as best as possible and flex stuff in making sure to put the dollar items in a dollar spot and the 2.50 items in a 2.50 spot. It gets really overwhelming sometimes. Especially on a day like this last Sunday morning when we had an entire flat stacked as tall as I was to put out and it was insanely busy. Guess what, didn't get done. We had to put it back in the back room. Even had our cart attendant trying to help. He kept getting called over to the check lanes because they were just as busy as I was at the service desk.

I prefer trying to stick closer to the planogram, but our DTL said he doesn't care about that; he just wants it full. We're trying a new strategy where the opening and closing GSTL both have small batches pulled to push at open and close. Unfortunately, that doesn't really help with the zone. We have a cashier zone over there every night, but it's never really enough to get it looking pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back