Archived How do you know you will survive your 90 days on the salesfloor?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

Any thing to look out for? I mostly get good feedback. Take all my breaks on time. Respond to backup cashier & backup calls do my job & zone/reshop stuff. Some nights I don't get to reshop, if there's a lot of it on a 4 hour shift.

Is there any hints that they won't keep you? Like for example people keep complaining about you

Or is it just they review you when it's 90 days, take you in their office and let you know if they are keeping you there or not. How does it work?

We had one girl who wasn't even close to her 90 days. And she could get redcards like no one else. But her attitude sucked. She acted like she knew everything, that she was better than everyone else, etc, etc. She was axed this week, after maybe about a month. So they don't need to wait until your 90 days to get you go. If you aren't a complete moron and aren't a jerk, and show up, you should be fine.

If you're talking about the standard 90 days, then yeah, just keep your nose to the grindstone and generally they'll keep you.

For seasonal, it's a whole nother ball game. You need to make sure you are as visible to the leads and execs as possible.

I survived my 90 days, but they didn't tell me anything. I've been told that I will be getting a performance review soon. It's been weeks and still nothing. Like Retail Girl said, just be nice. We also had a TM cut before his 90 days. He was very sarcastic and our TLs and ETLs couldn't stand it.

Performance review? Yeah, I heard there was one floating around somewhere for me after my 90 days. Never saw or heard anything else about it.

I never got a 90 day evalutation, either.
I was told I was going to get one, but I brought it up a few weeks after my 90 days and my ETL and LOD said it wasn't necessary because I'm the "attachment queen".

I started as a seasonal hire just over a year ago & didn't get my review or whatever it was dubbed until a month or more after it was due. My SrTL told me he needed to do it......a week later, again..........a week later......so on & so forth. lol

It eventually was done & it was all good, so I'm thinking some of you that haven't gotten one will in due time.

I started as a seasonal hire just over a year ago & didn't get my review or whatever it was dubbed until a month or more after it was due. My SrTL told me he needed to do it......a week later, again..........a week later......so on & so forth. lol

It eventually was done & it was all good, so I'm thinking some of you that haven't gotten one will in due time.

It's been a year since my 90 days have been over. I think that boat sailed without me a long time ago.

As for the 90 day thing........they have the ability to toss you out in that time frame, if they don't like your performance, your attitude, or your work ethic. Honestly, they don't even need a reason within that 90-day time frame.

I just worked my rear off & did what needed to be done. Basically went above & beyond because I needed the job & enjoy working there (our store is one of the best I've been in or around--the TMs there & bosses are almost like family instead of co-workers). Just before the season ended, I was hearing rumblings about a couple of people that had been told they were being kept on permanently. I worried at first, but talked with the STL & an ETL about it & was told on the down-low that they were keeping me, if I was interested in staying on. I said YES. So on New Year's Eve, the LOD called me into TSC & read me "the letter" & asked me if I'd like to stay on (it came from HR, but they were off for a few days), so she read it & gave it to me. I've been annoying them ever since. ;)

I saw one girl from soft lines not reach 90 days before getting let go. She complained a lot and was very vocal to management about her complaints/baggage. She wanted to adjust her availability under her 90 days. She wanted Sundays off so she could volunteer at her church's daycare and went into a tirade about how it wouldn't be fair if they didn't give it to her because it's for "religious purposes" before management even said anything about it. Yeah I wasn't surprised to see her go.

There was a new older lady I was talking to a few weeks in the breakroom who seemed very nice. She was going on how she was enjoying the job and kept on raving how they match 5% for the 401k and she was so happy Target offered that. It was very important to her and Target was a nice change from her office jobs she worked all her life.

A few days later, I really had to buy something before closing (the lights go off as I'm walking) and I go up to the registers. Another cashier and she is up there and with one person in her line, she turns off her light. The GSTL and my TL are up there and she verbally spats with them for 3 minutes and tells the guest he has to go to another line because it's time for her to go.

Haven't seen her since. Guess she won't be getting that 5% match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back