Archived How do you relax after work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help.

I literally today was tired and nearly in tears after working.

Weekend shifts will do that.

I need help with how to relax after work because sometimes I go to sleep restless.

I need help.

I literally today was tired and nearly in tears after working.

Weekend shifts will do that.

I need help with how to relax after work because sometimes I go to sleep restless.

A couple of good stiff drinks and a movie will take care of that problem right away.

My wife and I get together with our friends and kill things...
so we can collect better weapons and armor to kill bigger things.
World of Warcraft can be a great stress reliever.

Last edited:
My wife and I get together with our friends and kill things...
so we can collect better weapons and amour to kill bigger things.
World of Warcraft can be a great stress reliever.

I think I'm going to have to half way agree with this one. I've never been into video games, but I've been playing Skyrim for a while now and it really is a great way to escape from real life. You become completely immersed in it and forget about everything else. I'm not saying a beer won't help, but I would never give anyone the advice to use it as a way to escape from long-term real life stress.

It sounds like you're really unhappy with your job though. I hope it gets better or you find something different. Good luck with whatever is going on.

Things are especially hard for my mother to understand about my job because she works longer hours than I do. I told her that it's physical demanding instead of just mentally demanding (she's a programmer). I also told her that if she had to do this kind of labor, whether she's big or small, thin or fat, you will sleep all day sometimes.

It sounds like you're really unhappy with your job though. I hope it gets better or you find something different. Good luck with whatever is going on.

It's the weekend shift that I think does it to me most. People call off, managers go nuts and the lazy people that don't' wanna work weekends get schedule weekends anyway.

A pack of cigarettes, a six pack and whatever British comedy series is available on Netflix. Well that was last week. This week i'm just going to start walking my dog.

Since we're in city limits, can't fire live rounds on a plot this small so I settle for a sling-shot & beer cans. The boys stack 'em up & we take turns picking them off.
If they get really good, they go after grackles.

Some Netflix and some beer will do it or if you work mids on Fridays and Saturdays Like I do, you still get to have a life at night (usually I will work something like 12-6). So I will kick it with friends or go to the movies with a friend.

Normally after working a long shift I jump on the computer. I either play a game, or go to facebook. Of course now I have this place to come to. If it was a closing shift I'm usually up until midnight or later, and hopefully get to sleep in the next day. If nothing else works I'll go kill things with my favorite video game, usually Ratchet and Clank.

If it's not a closing shift, I usually come home and take a nap. After that I have a good dinner and watch a good movie, or something.

If it's a closing shift, I don't really have time to do anything other than try to go to bed. Our store closes at 11, and I am usually home around 12:20AM. I make myself take really slow breaths (works wonders), take a shower, and go to bed. I have to visualize leaving the store in my head, or I will dream about work.

If you are having a hard time coming down from a shift, just remember: You work at TARGET. That is neither an insult or a compliment. Just a reality check.

few beers or go the range and shoot my rifle :)

Not to sure playing with guns right after a day at Target is the best idea. LMAO! Relaxing is not usually a problem for me after work at Target, because I wake up so early getting home is usually followed by passing out on the sofa. My last job required Alcohol, but with Target my stress usually goes away the farther from Target I get.

Normally after working a long shift I jump on the computer. I either play a game, or go to facebook. Of course now I have this place to come to. If it was a closing shift I'm usually up until midnight or later, and hopefully get to sleep in the next day. If nothing else works I'll go kill things with my favorite video game, usually Ratchet and Clank.

I've heard of that video game, too bad I have an XBOX 360

I think I'd need a better job to pull the kind of girl I want (but that's a whole other thread on another site)

What kind of girl are you going for? The girl shouldn't care where you work at, my boyfriend was working at a fast food joint when I first met him.

What kind of girl are you going for? The girl shouldn't care where you work at, my boyfriend was working at a fast food joint when I first met him.

You subconsciously loved that he smelled like french fries. :yes3:

On topic: don't let work get to you. Try your hardest while you're there, but the second you walk out that door it's not your problem anymore. Also, try to find some relaxing music to listen to on your breaks and the drive home. Recommendation: City and Colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back