Archived How do you use sick time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Printed out my Pay Stub for the first time in like 3 years and I noticed I have a ton (like, a lot) of sick time hours. How do I go about using them?

Just ask the HR TM to put it on your check.
You can use it for doctors visits and all kinds of things.
Any time you are out of work or they short you hours.

Mcdonalds would pay you one day for every two sick days you didn't use. It was two weeks a year, so once a year I'd get an extra week's pay on my check.

I haven't (knock wood) been sick since the early 80's.

Like vacation hours, sick hours can only be used up to your average hours. So if you miss an 8-hour shift that would have put you at, say, 38 hours for the week, but you only have 32 average hours, you can only use 2 sick hours. You still miss out on the other 6.

So unless you have a high average hr. count, come into work. Sick hours aren't the best.

well I actually wanted to know if I could just use sick hours for says I don't work

Like, right my average hours are about 22. But for the last 4 weeks I've been getting 35ish. In that case I assume I couldn't use them anyway

Unless things have changed... You used to be able to use sick hours just like vacation/PH hours, up to average. I knew people who used them for time off.

How do I acquire these sick hours right now I have 0.0 Sick remaining. Average hrs are 40.00 and I get .6 hrs of PH every pay check and 1.6 vacation every pay check.

How do I acquire these sick hours right now I have 0.0 Sick remaining. Average hrs are 40.00 and I get .6 hrs of PH every pay check and 1.6 vacation every pay check.

If your state does sick time, you'd accrue it the same way you accrue vacation and PH.

If your state does sick time, you'd accrue it the same way you accrue vacation and PH.
thanks i guess my commonwealth state doesn't do sick time.
We cannot even sell alcohol at Target in my state, you have to go to a "State Store" to buy alcohol or to a beer distributor for beer. WTF its 2015 government people !

thanks i guess my commonwealth state doesn't do sick time.
We cannot even sell alcohol at Target in my state, you have to go to a "State Store" to buy alcohol or to a beer distributor for beer. WTF its 2015 government people !

PA? They have weird laws. Probably extra taxes on it too so they can fund all the highway construction.

In NY, we can sell beer and cider in our store, but not wine or liquor (something about being a separate retail area with its own register and doors). We had wine for a little while, but it was pulled because either the law changed or we weren't following it.

But to get back on topic, we do have sick time, but I don't accrue it anymore because last year's payroll slashing made my average hours plummet.

Little known secret: If you're a TL, even if your Target doesn't give sick leave in your state...you can apply sick pay to your paycheck. Your HR can add sick pay to your paycheck if you come in to work and leave at some point during your shift for 75% of your pay for up to 4 hours. You can get one hour of sick pay for each hour you work, up to four hours. Work 4 hours of an 8 hour shift and get paid for what you worked plus 4 hours at 75% of your pay rate.

I'm not sure if this is every store or just stores in states where you don't accrue sick leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back