Archived How does Plano/BR interact? (During remodel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreturnable

Receiving/Reverse Logistics
Just curious as I'm on a remodel team in a pretty broken Target, so I have very few people to ask questions of. If there's an existing thread please re-direct me to it!

I have two points of interest in this. Primary one is:

1)During remodel do we have to use SUBT999 for all the backstock that won't fit on the newly Plano'd shelves? I noticed the other night we tore apart one section, re-assembled it, but sent numerous tubs of backstock that would no longer fit. They all got STO'd but about half of them came back out in the morning Autofills. I assume they didn't fit and got sent back to the backroom, but wasn't there to check. Is SUBT999 needed to fix that, or will it hurt the system?

2)In general, can anyone tell me how creating/deleting a Plano will affect the accumulator or anything else? I've never created a Plano batch but I've pulled and pushed many, this is just a topic none of the TLs at my store know anything about, was hoping to fix some problems for myself and some fellow TMs.

Thanks for any responses!

The only time a new plano won't change accumulator values is if it is the same and re-ties to the same physical section. I think. What exactly are you asking, when new POGs cause product to be pulled or not? If you tie a new pog and put in a New Pog fill, it will pull all new items and carry forward items above a certain accumulator trigger percentage.

I guess I didn't word it appropriately, but my main question was as to whether the remodel team needs to backstock everything that won't fit on the newly configured shelves using SUBT999. It was just a secondary curiosity of mine as to the relationship between the accumulator and Planograms - I wondered if a new Plano would reset the amount the system requested for the shelf so SUBT999 wasn't needed.

From wasting way too much of my non-Target time, I have gathered that since we changed the amount on the shelves during remodel the accumulator will still call for the missing amount and pull it from the back room. The new planograms will not influence that process in any way? I assume that is correct and we should be using SUBT999 to fix this.

*Edit - Oh man, I got up to work at 9pm last night, it is now 3pm the next day. Sorry if I sound foolish or make no sense. I need to sleep because I work again tonight. Again thanks for any help I get even if my question is less than understandable because of my sleep deprivation. Thanks, Big Red Bulls-Eye!

Last edited:
Just curious as I'm on a remodel team in a pretty broken Target, so I have very few people to ask questions of. If there's an existing thread please re-direct me to it!

I have two points of interest in this. Primary one is:

1)During remodel do we have to use SUBT999 for all the backstock that won't fit on the newly Plano'd shelves? I noticed the other night we tore apart one section, re-assembled it, but sent numerous tubs of backstock that would no longer fit. They all got STO'd but about half of them came back out in the morning Autofills. I assume they didn't fit and got sent back to the backroom, but wasn't there to check. Is SUBT999 needed to fix that, or will it hurt the system?

2)In general, can anyone tell me how creating/deleting a Plano will affect the accumulator or anything else? I've never created a Plano batch but I've pulled and pushed many, this is just a topic none of the TLs at my store know anything about, was hoping to fix some problems for myself and some fellow TMs.

Thanks for any responses!

1) You have experienced yourself why it is important to use Subt9999 during major resets... It will pull back out just like you experienced and not fit on the shelf! It won't have any negative effects on the accumulator unless you subt9999 and the product was not full on the shelf...

2) The actual act of creating and deleting POGs has a secondary effect on the accumulator (this is really complicated btw)... The accumulator operates off of a ton of + and - values... something sells it adds the need to a running total for that item, when you pull it from the backroom or stock it from a truck it subtracts it from the value... Each item has a certain + value it has to get to for a trigger from the backroom or truck as well! Now say you have all of an item on the salesfloor from the backroom, and there is still room for 8 on the shelf (this would be a value of +8)... you reset the POG and now 10 more have to go to the backroom because the facings got cut down (so its now -10... but the accumulator can't go negative so it is at 0)... The accumulator does NOT automatically update to the changes in POGs... that would be far too complicated for it to do! It will retain that +8 in the accumulator, and therefore send 8 of the item you just backstocked back out in the next CAFs... That is why you have Subt9999... When you subtract 9999 from the accumulator it will automatically put the need back to 0, even if the item has a need of +1000 if you -9999 it will be reset (since we covered it won't go negative)

Now one other thing is that New POG Fills do NOT just pull the capacity for all items on that POG from the backroom (like most people think)... It actually has a really low trigger number it double checks and pulls off of (so any carryforward items that are already full on the shelf won't be pulled again and waste our time)... And only pulls the capacity for items that were not on the POG before the reset! This is important because people get confused as to why they keep dropping New Pog Fills and certain items don't come out until you do a RSCH batch on them... The reason is because if while that POG was MPG before its reset, the carryforward items got pulled from the backroom and the TM didn't bother flexing them in and just backstocked them, the accumulator now has a value of 0 (when in reality it may need +6 or more)... You will reset the aisle, do a New POG Fill, and nothing will come out in the batch because everything has a value of 0... That is why there should NEVER be backstock for any area that is MPG...

Thanks for that explanation. I've always wondered exactly why Subt999 was needed. Does HQ realize how much time is wasted with this stupid process? Why can't we just come up with a system that works without having to do this? I'm by no means a technological guy, but it seems like a multi-billion dollar corporation should be able to come up with a way around something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back