Archived How does the pay period run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the pay period run?
I have orientation Friday and i know that the next pay check goes out the next Friday after that.
Will i get paid this Friday or will it be delayed until the next check?

different stores are on different pay periods, the company has checks go out every week but each store only gets them every other week (although I heard all exempt employees get them on the same rotation regardless of when their store does) if your stores next paycheck is the 13th it will be for the weeks of 3/24-4/6 so if you worked during that time frame you will have a check

I got hired and had my first shift the week pay checks went out. I did t get my first paycheck for three weeks. From the way it sounds, I'd bet you get your first paycheck next Friday. You can always ask your hr tm or ETL-HR. they should be able to tell you for sure.

I called and asked a random manager they put on the line at my store and they said the 19th is the next time the store gets paid. But it would depend on weather they hold checks still or not.
Hope its the 19th i may be walking 8 miles one way to work for two weeks if its not. >_<

The pay period runs two weeks and ends on Saturday, with the check coming the following Friday. If your store is getting checks next Friday, those checks will be for all work done through to midnight this Saturday. So yes, if you work this Friday, you will be paid for that day of work on next Friday's paycheck. I have no idea what the person you spoke to was talking about when he mentioned "holding checks," unless you asked about them mailing you your check or something.

HR said the next pay check goes out on the 19th but i won't get paid until the 3rd....... Do they really delay checks for two weeks?

The pay period runs two weeks and ends on Saturday, with the check coming the following Friday. If your store is getting checks next Friday, those checks will be for all work done through to midnight this Saturday. So yes, if you work this Friday, you will be paid for that day of work on next Friday's paycheck. I have no idea what the person you spoke to was talking about when he mentioned "holding checks," unless you asked about them mailing you your check or something.

I'm so confused XD they said when i called i won't get paid until the check after the next on the 3rd. even though i start this Friday. >_<

The pay period is two weeks long and goes from Sunday to start "week 1" until Saturday of "week 2". Your pay day is the Friday after the end of the pay period (i.e. Friday of "week 3").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back