Archived How does your store get section A/B zoned really good each day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, along with pulling price changes and setting the line. We used to have the sales floor team push all the CAFs, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat; they're too busy spending their shifts at the lanes.

I do everything you do except push CAFs. That sucks man.

Wouldn't it be way easier to push your CAF now since they only drop 2 or 3 times a day? My backrooms hours didn't really get cut.

We're still struggling to come clean most nights, even with the reduced CAF schedule.

@KimJungUn, I forgot to mention Flexible Fulfillment. The dreaded SPU orders that drop in at the least convenient moment possible.

Wouldn't it be way easier to push your CAF now since they only drop 2 or 3 times a day? My backrooms hours didn't really get cut.

Nope, still plenty of my own work to do. Plan-O shits all over backroom by not backstocking their resets.

Backroom is made to do Plan-O's work for them.

Nooooope. Partly because with a lower number of CAFs, they all come out at once meaning that they are a lot longer. Our 3:00 CAFs are almost always 4 hours or longer, so we're puling up until the last fifteen minutes unless it's been a light day in regards to sales. Then, if it's the weekend, we have to pull the 5's immediately after, or you go straight to setting the line after the 3's are done. Once you get back from setting the line, then you have to pull price change (if it's a week day) and work on the backstock from the 3's, which is usually fairly significant. I find that it's a very rare occasion that we leave no backstock for the overnight crew. Not to mention any SPUs that pop up.

So we don't have anywhere near enough time to push the CAFs.

Nooooope. Partly because with a lower number of CAFs, they all come out at once meaning that they are a lot longer. Our 3:00 CAFs are almost always 4 hours or longer, so we're puling up until the last fifteen minutes unless it's been a light day in regards to sales. Then, if it's the weekend, we have to pull the 5's immediately after, or you go straight to setting the line after the 3's are done. Once you get back from setting the line, then you have to pull price change (if it's a week day) and work on the backstock from the 3's, which is usually fairly significant. I find that it's a very rare occasion that we leave no backstock for the overnight crew. Not to mention any SPUs that pop up.

So we don't have anywhere near enough time to push the CAFs.

Agreed.

Some of you guys have overnight crews? We close at 10pm weekdays and Saturdays, close at 9pm Sundays. No one is in the store until the flow team arrives at 6am.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my store these are the areas zoned at night:

1) Stationery, Luggage, And Toys
2) Electronics, Sporting Goods, Rugs, Curtains, Hardware/ Automotive and Rear Seasonal
3) Market, Mini Seasonal
4) PFRESH, and Paper
5) HBA and Small Apps
6) Decor, Furniture, Bedding, Bath and Pets/Chem.

Usually the TLOD zones the last one.

Also we have a cosmetic zoned daily, and they spend 3 hours in cosmetics, then one hour zoning the rest of HBA.

Agreed.

Some of you guys have overnight crews? We close at 10pm weekdays and Saturdays, close at 9pm Sundays. No one is in the store until the flow team arrives at 6am.

The flow procedure depends on volume size of the store. Some stores are a 6am unload, 4am, or overnight. My store is an A+/AA volume store and we've had an overnight process since the store opened several years ago.

Nope, still plenty of my own work to do. Plan-O shits all over backroom by not backstocking their resets.

Backroom is made to do Plan-O's work for them.
Not in pog hours to backstock or pull. Your store may differ from best practice...asants.

We 4x4 a/b once a week or twice. Cosmetics gets zoned and researched once a week. It's not great long, but it's not a hot mess either. They've managed to zone super awful areas on close. We get one hl closer for s/b, one for c/d, one for e/f, market, softlines.

Not in pog hours to backstock or pull. Your store may differ from best practice...asants.

We 4x4 a/b once a week or twice. Cosmetics gets zoned and researched once a week. It's not great long, but it's not a hot mess either. They've managed to zone super awful areas on close. We get one hl closer for s/b, one for c/d, one for e/f, market, softlines.

Plan-O has plenty of time to backstock, they just need one dedicated puller/backstocker to do that stuff while the rest are on the floor.

Plan-O has plenty of time to backstock, they just need one dedicated puller/backstocker to do that stuff while the rest are on the floor.
Not included in the hours on the adjacency calender. Whether your team is scheduled more hours than allotted is another story.

Not included in the hours on the adjacency calender. Whether your team is scheduled more hours than allotted is another story.

I know it isn't *scheduled*. What I'm saying is it can (and should) be scheduled. There's no reason for backroom to have to do the work of TWO different work centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back