Archived How does your store tie in softline POGs? (Quads, towers etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need tips on how your store tie in POGs for quads, towers, billboards etc. Ours is a bit confusing and overly complicated. It affects our tie accuracy report. Do you guys tie in all quads on a specific aisle number and give it a different section or tie each quad into a different aisle number with same section? Do all your fixtures have aisle numbers?

I would love to put aisle and sections numbers for every quads, towers, convertibles we have, retie everything from scratch. But I know we would never have hours for that.

Ours are just tied to whatever the table is numbered, which can be horrific. There was an attempt to put up a grid system and number everything based on that grid, but that requires constant maintenance and you can't guarantee the next adjacency will give enough hours for that depending on your store's attitude about softlines.

At our store every 4way, tower billboard ect all have numbers just like the tables. That way each pog has its own. About six months ago I added # to everything and when the new pogs came along tied it to those #'s. Our location accuracy problem was solved in about 2 months

Ours are just tied to whatever the table is numbered, which can be horrific. There was an attempt to put up a grid system and number everything based on that grid, but that requires constant maintenance and you can't guarantee the next adjacency will give enough hours for that depending on your store's attitude about softlines.

I actually did this and same outcome. Maintaining it was rough =/

At our store every 4way, tower billboard ect all have numbers just like the tables. That way each pog has its own. About six months ago I added # to everything and when the new pogs came along tied it to those #'s. Our location accuracy problem was solved in about 2 months

Did this at one point. But for whatever reason, the numbers keeps falling off and no time to maintain it.

Another problem is when you have 3 different people doing them. If one does it differently, it screws up the whole process.

I used to be a SL TL overnight. I was in charge of flow softlines push and softlines POGs. My biggest problem was the convertible organization. I hated how everything was tied at random spots.

I drew up my own map per deparment. On the map, I gave each location an aisle number. I used 1-10 as table numbers. Then, based on how many convertibles I had, the last numbers would be the back wall.

Each department is labeled differently:

Kids - Girls' tables 1-2; Boys' tables: 3-4; ITB 5-6; ITG 7-8; Back wall 14-16; Girls' convertibles 17-20; Boys' 21-33; ITB 34-36; ITG 37-50
Kids Accessories are all tied to either section 3 or 4 of each convertibles if they're properly set. Most of our accessories gets flexed randomly so we just tie them all to 60(#). We then print out all the labels and keep a binder of plano+labels so we can rsch them properly.

Mens - Our mossimo and merona sections are separated. Moss tables K1-2; Moss convertibles 11-20; Backwall K5; ME tables J1-2; ME convertibles 11-49; Backwall 50
Accessories are tied the same way as kids.

Womens is a little more complicated. We also have two different aisle letters for RTW.
Accessories: E1-24 (overflow for accessories just gets fake tied to E#(#))
Sleepwear/Intimates/Hosiery: E27 - 49
Backwall (wraps around): E50-54 (which is kinda complicated since it's a mix of RTW, accesories and hosiery
RTW tables (Moss, ME, C9): R1-9
RTW convertibles (based on locations): R10-80

After I labeled each convertibles on my map, I printed out Salesfloor ties and reorganized it based on my map (you get a rough idea of where everything is and what POGs they are).
Since then, whenever I work on each departments, I try to stick on a location on the outside of each convertible.

I still have my drawn maps, let me know if you want to see a sample lol
It took me about a month to get all these done and reorganized. The only times I really got to work on these is when our truck workload is light. Otherwise, my priority is still finishing the push from the trailer.

First I numbered the back walls, then I numbered all the tables, then I numbered the convertibles, and then I numbered the quads. Soo everything has a number. I then put a second aisle label inside the fixture in case the other one fell off I could look it up. It's stood the test of time and is way less complicated then the "brand" process (which wants you to tie it to the back wall).

It's stood the test of time, almost 4 years!

All fixtures except quads have aisle numbers on them. The quads we just tie to P60 sections 1-whatever. And shippers are tied to p50 sections 1-whatever. Of course the letter is different in each dept.

I used to be a SL TL overnight. I was in charge of flow softlines push and softlines POGs. My biggest problem was the convertible organization. I hated how everything was tied at random spots.

I drew up my own map per deparment. On the map, I gave each location an aisle number. I used 1-10 as table numbers. Then, based on how many convertibles I had, the last numbers would be the back wall.

Each department is labeled differently:

Kids - Girls' tables 1-2; Boys' tables: 3-4; ITB 5-6; ITG 7-8; Back wall 14-16; Girls' convertibles 17-20; Boys' 21-33; ITB 34-36; ITG 37-50
Kids Accessories are all tied to either section 3 or 4 of each convertibles if they're properly set. Most of our accessories gets flexed randomly so we just tie them all to 60(#). We then print out all the labels and keep a binder of plano+labels so we can rsch them properly.

Mens - Our mossimo and merona sections are separated. Moss tables K1-2; Moss convertibles 11-20; Backwall K5; ME tables J1-2; ME convertibles 11-49; Backwall 50
Accessories are tied the same way as kids.

Womens is a little more complicated. We also have two different aisle letters for RTW.
Accessories: E1-24 (overflow for accessories just gets fake tied to E#(#))
Sleepwear/Intimates/Hosiery: E27 - 49
Backwall (wraps around): E50-54 (which is kinda complicated since it's a mix of RTW, accesories and hosiery
RTW tables (Moss, ME, C9): R1-9
RTW convertibles (based on locations): R10-80

After I labeled each convertibles on my map, I printed out Salesfloor ties and reorganized it based on my map (you get a rough idea of where everything is and what POGs they are).
Since then, whenever I work on each departments, I try to stick on a location on the outside of each convertible.

I still have my drawn maps, let me know if you want to see a sample lol
It took me about a month to get all these done and reorganized. The only times I really got to work on these is when our truck workload is light. Otherwise, my priority is still finishing the push from the trailer.
Way too complicated it seems!

We had the walls/permanent fixtures tied to 1-9.

Then the first row is 10. Anything in that row is 11, 12, 13 etc

Second row is 20. Anything in that row is 21, 22, 23 etc

And so on. So if you're looking for table 62, you go 6 rows down, 2 tables in. The hardest part was getting the team to retie tables if they moved.

I only know Men's, but my basics are aisles O1-O8, basics wall is O9, and jean wall is O10. Everything else was numbered by some scheme at one point, but now that has been totally messed up. Every table and convertible has a physical number attached to it, but they aren't in any particular order. What is set on the fixture is tied to that fixture, but between adjacency that physical location could move clear across the floorpad. It might help instocks/price accuracy if they were in some sort of order, but we move them around during every adjacency and it would just be too time consuming to renumber each of them every time. When you have to find a location, you just have to look at the number on each fixture. most of the 10s and 20s are the tables and most of the 30s are convertibles. We never bothered numbering quads. The active wall is O16 for some reason.

Tables and walls have a permanent number between 1-19 in whatever letter block they are in.
Convertibles are permanently numbered between 20-49 in whatever letter block they're in
Quads are not numbered. All POGs tied to them are between 50-69 and flexed to the floor pad in whatever block they're in.
Shippers are tied between 70-89 in their appropriate block
Miscellaneous is tied 90-99 in their appropriate block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back