Archived How high can you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have a degree and I am an ETL. Target is huge on bringing kids in from college with fresh degrees. They can mold them however the want to into perfect little brand retail machines. Just recently they started hiring people from outside the bullseye who had experience at other retailers. You aren't going to get an SD position without a degree or probably any of the district jobs but you can get ETL

There are Business Partners without degrees. I imagine proving yourself at that level would open up the door to becoming an SD as well.
I know a couple but it’s definitely a slower route which is unfortunate

One thing is for sure at spot, everything old becomes new again. When I first started (back in the olden days) the wording for ETLs was exactly like it is now. You did not have to have the almighty degree. About 5 years after the wording was changed to "degree required" Around that time a large amount of non degreed ETLs were performanced out. Some were legit but some were definitely bogus. And now we are right back to degree preferred. I think internal promotion standards are pretty much set by DTL and regions. Some regions recognize talent first and degree second, other degree is the almighty,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back