Archived How is cardboard handled at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has 3 bailers. I work overnight, so we always have at least 1 person from flow who comes in at 9PM to make all the cages and line them for people to take. Flow comes in at 10:15 and by that time he's going around making sure the other bailers are good to go and no bails need to be made. Afterwards if not all cages have been taken he tries to allocate them around the store for everyone to use so flow doesn't have to have an excuse to go get a cage. Over the course of the night if cages are not brought to him, he picks them up, empties them, and sometimes brings them back to us if needed, if not he leave them back there or starts breaking the cages down again if the floor is nearing completion. Usually whoever doing the bails gets to stay as long as they need to come clean. In a 24 hour period my stores makes about 6 bails. Two from each bailer. Not sure if that's a lot or not lol.

That's a lot. I'd guess we average 2-3 bales on a truck day.

-
flow team handles most of their own carboard - 1 person does 90% of it, with a few others tossing their own.
other teams leave shit (carboard and trash) all over the place, and I guess magical fairies come in and toss the cardboard into the bailer. l.a.z.y.

most of the team members do their best to avoid making a bale.

Of all the crap policies we follow, key control is on top. Baler/compactor combo only for srtl/etl/stl/receiver/flowtl. Baler /wav for backroom. The flow tm that's their "brand sponsor" grabs the baler only key, which we had to set up just for him. He's supposed to come in two hits after unload to deal with cardboard, but they always let him punch in when he shows up for unload. Then he gets super cranky about the stuff they bring him back. To the point that only the lod can throw trash in the compactor now.

Horribly is how ours goes as well.

Believe it or not at my store all the bails are turned on, and pretty much always left on without a key in it. So all these key problems you guys are having to me sounds soo ridiculous. I believe it is against the rules or whatever but clearly if I've been there 5 years and nothing has changed then it's not a big deal at all,... for my store lol. Also my store always had a wave/bailer key problem with people losing or taking them so last year they started giving people their own personal keys so they can be more responsible and it's been working. I've made copies of mine and so have many other people so a lot of us in my store are walking around with wave and bailer keys as well so that also alleviates those ridiculous key problems. Talk to your LODS and see what they say?

Believe it or not at my store all the bails are turned on, and pretty much always left on without a key in it. So all these key problems you guys are having to me sounds soo ridiculous. I believe it is against the rules or whatever but clearly if I've been there 5 years and nothing has changed then it's not a big deal at all,... for my store lol.
We made it through the fourth quarter doing that, but our ETL AP recently caught on and made us stop, lol.

We made it through the fourth quarter doing that, but our ETL AP recently caught on and made us stop, lol.
Our aptl would lose her mind. She's been giving corrective action to tm who consistently don't sign their equipment back in...

Backroom dayside since typically most of the ETLs/LODs don't know how to make a bale and therefore leave it for the overnight crew. Flow usually has 1-2 people working together to empty all the carts and cages of cardboard/trash.

Believe it or not at my store all the bails are turned on, and pretty much always left on without a key in it. So all these key problems you guys are having to me sounds soo ridiculous. I believe it is against the rules or whatever but clearly if I've been there 5 years and nothing has changed then it's not a big deal at all,... for my store lol. Also my store always had a wave/bailer key problem with people losing or taking them so last year they started giving people their own personal keys so they can be more responsible and it's been working. I've made copies of mine and so have many other people so a lot of us in my store are walking around with wave and bailer keys as well so that also alleviates those ridiculous key problems. Talk to your LODS and see what they say?
We've done that to get though a shift but we keep it as a secret ;), same with waves just happen to always be on. Although to be honest the wave and the stacker at my store you could open it with stick anything that fits into those key slots will turn it.

As far as cardboard

Flow Handles truck cardboard and everyone else's in the morning, assuming they dump and ditch it quick enough while flow is there for the 4-5 hours. No one but the closing backroom TM handles it once they leave Q1-3.
Q4 1 flow TM stays everyday to do everybodys cardboard.
Oh and plano never does their cardboard or trash, consumables will do their cardboard maybe.

In the morning flow we have some TM titled space management who handles cardboard/making bales. Then it's usually market since we fill the bailer up the fastest and after we leave it is dayside backroom

At my store, Overnight has a dedicated Flow TM that handles trash. But come dayside, whoever brings back trash is supposed to process it (Throw cardboard in the baler, trash in a trash bag/cage, etc). Does that usually happen? No, of course not. They leave their unsorted vehicles of cardboard, trash, and backstock in front of the baler thinking that it's backroom's responsibility. It's infuriating.

these aren't mine but could pass for my store

2-14-15-Breaking-down-cardboard-mountain.jpg

Bhg3xX_CAAAPvjw.jpg

must have been bring your daughter to work day ?? or show her what will happen to her if she misbehaves again !!
6a00e54efa53e08833015390f3204c970b-800wi

oooops..
Zpt84XI.jpg

My store has 3 bailers. I work overnight, so we always have at least 1 person from flow who comes in at 9PM to make all the cages and line them for people to take. Flow comes in at 10:15 and by that time he's going around making sure the other bailers are good to go and no bails need to be made. Afterwards if not all cages have been taken he tries to allocate them around the store for everyone to use so flow doesn't have to have an excuse to go get a cage. Over the course of the night if cages are not brought to him, he picks them up, empties them, and sometimes brings them back to us if needed, if not he leave them back there or starts breaking the cages down again if the floor is nearing completion. Usually whoever doing the bails gets to stay as long as they need to come clean. In a 24 hour period my stores makes about 6 bails. Two from each bailer. Not sure if that's a lot or not lol.

3 balers what the shit

Getting cardboard done is a simple formula to my team: Find/hire the least intelligent/capable person possible (bonus points if they don't speak English or have some sort of disability) and make cardboard and cleaning up the backroom their only job. If needed, they may also be sent out to get carts.

Seems pretty messed up to me but hiring diversity I guess? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back