How is this possible? Fulfillment numbers

Luck. The system tracks productivity by units, not DPCIs, carts, or packages. If you pick a batch that's 30(30), you're going to have lower productivity than if you had picked a batch that was 30(60). The same is true for packing. If you pack a cart that has 10 packages with 30 units, you'll see a much lower productivity than if you had packed a cart that had 10 packages with 60 units. Once you reach a certain volume, the number generally stays the same as well.

What you're picking and packing makes a difference too. Get a cart that's mostly mini seasonal and each thing is just a couple of steps away from the last. Get a cart that's 90% style, on the other hand...

There are ways to fudge the system too (especially packing), and of course moving faster and smarter generally yields a higher productivity, but a lot of it comes down to the type of batches you're picking and packing.

Last edited:
It's definitely possible- that's 3 carts of 35 units which if you walk fast, know where items are, and the stars align correctly, you can pick each cart in 20 minutes. I do it often and I'm not a Fulfillment TM either. It's not an easy feat to accomplish, you have to really embrace the old 'Speed is Life' mentality of old school Target.

Exactly. If he got one cart that was mostly in the same area and/or the same item, it can send your pick rate up. Typically, though, it's harder to do for Ship since those typically are lots of style items...easier for OPU.

If you pause between areas, doesn't that raise your uph? Either way not necessary to game the system if you're that fast. The TM is clearly fast without hacks. The pack rate is fraudulent too.

Yeah pick numbers can be all over the place. Depending on your store you can get a lot of Christmas candy and Christmas stuff in orders and get a lot of units quickly. I remember a ship batch of 400 boxes of crayons and the pick productivity on that was like 10000 units per hour. Pack numbers are incredibly easy to over value. I pack at a reasonable actual rate but my uph pack rate is in the 1000s when I pack. I don't do it on purpose it's just the way it calculates. I'd rather look at actual units completed.

Or he was logged into two zebras and someone else was picking as him
Once on drive up we had a contest to see who could do the most orders, my leader jokingly suggested I sign into my device as well as someone else’s. I did it but only for a few hours, I was nervous the other person would make a mistake under my numbers.

sure, you can get lucky for a shift or two and have really high productivity based on high eaches and everything being available. Buuuut, in my experience if someone is -consistently- that much higher than everyone else, shenanigans are involved.

sure, you can get lucky for a shift or two and have really high productivity based on high eaches and everything being available. Buuuut, in my experience if someone is -consistently- that much higher than everyone else, shenanigans are involved.

As someone who is consistently well above everyone else in UPH, I assure you there are no shenanigans involved. Can't speak for everyone though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't think the person is cheating unless someone else used there numbers too. I doubt it is a common occurrence though but it's pretty hard to fudge completing units.

How does someone get 200 to 300 UPH pack rate? Even some of our fastest packers are being overshadowed by a couple of TM’s.
It's about the timing of when you scan stuff. If you select sort while packing, and each time a new container pops up, you can quickly scan all the items, scan the container, and then scan the label (but not the pallet sort label). That all takes just a few seconds but the system thinks you packed a box from start to finish in that time. It's very silly. And if you really commit to it, you can get 600, or even 1000.

Lots of things can be “faked” to achieve green metrics
Yeah the metrics can be faked but someone picked all those units can't fake that unless someone else used there numbers but honestly if they are working overtime it's not unreasonable.

TBH if their store isn't too behind on push, they walked fast AF, know the store well, and got even semi-lucky with carts there is a high probability that his score is accurate (though if he shows these types of numbers daily there are definitely shenanigans afoot).

I'm thinking, based off of his INF and the number of carts he did, he probably couldn't find 1-2 items (average) per cart and did not even remotely try to look for them. Again, 0-2 INF would also be luck of the cart. Saves a TON of time though. And I mean even if it came in today and you only have the 1 item not on the floor you're just INF'ing ASAP and not even bothering to check the line for an unpushed u-boat.

We had a lot of carts yesterday during the day with multiples of things that were seasonal. Everyone had a great pick rate because of it because it helped to balance out the trash.

As someone who is consistently well above everyone else in UPH, I assure you there are no shenanigans involved. Can't speak for everyone though. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Hey if you are consistently picking over 100 units more per hour than your colleagues, then hats off. 🤷‍♂️

Just speaking as someone who has been doing fulfillment from the first day order pick up was implemented as a thing at Target. I've seen many, many shenanigans. Theres no amount of just "working faster" that makes 100 more units per hour.

Hey if you are consistently picking over 100 units more per hour than your colleagues, then hats off. 🤷‍♂️

Just speaking as someone who has been doing fulfillment from the first day order pick up was implemented as a thing at Target. I've seen many, many shenanigans. Theres no amount of just "working faster" that makes 100 more units per hour.
It's definitely possible on a good day. Lots of people tend to come to work for just a paycheck and show no sense of urgency, so really just walking at a decent pace already puts you ahead of your peers. I'm sure you've seen a few of yours just slowly making their way through the store, right?

Still, lots of luck involved. That, and it also greatly depends on the state of your store. If there's 40 pallets of unsorted softlines in the steel, the zone is garbage, there aren't enough RFID guns to go around, and the foot traffic is pretty high, getting 100+ consistently definitely means shenanigans are involved.

Suppose it depends what "well above everyone else" means. Yesterday I was one of three people in my store above 100 UPH, but 194 seems a bit....sus. I have had Grocery pick rates be that high, but not general merch. General merch being that high would either require exceptional luck, or some form of cheating the system IMO.

I could care less what the pick rate says the only thing I even look at and will find impressive is how many units they've picked in a shift. There are plenty of items rn that can boost your pick rate and total units. If there lucky and don't get as many style items can really help. Getting lucky with batches and getting items with many eaches helps a bunch, Or I've had batches that is entirely hba and every item is within 2 aisles.

Back