How long does it take targets to close due to severe weather?

let’s say hypothetically there was a major hurricane coming directly my way right now and i’m planning on evacuating. When will they make a decision to close? Will they close? and how will they let me know they closed? This is my first time experiencing something like this while working at target.

let’s say hypothetically there was a major hurricane coming directly my way right now and i’m planning on evacuating. When will they make a decision to close? Will they close? and how will they let me know they closed? This is my first time experiencing something like this while working at target.
call your store for the fastest answer.
be safe!

Last year my store was in the path of a Hurricane IDA. The storm hit Sunday night my store was closed Sunday. I don’t think they made the call to close on Sunday till sometime Saturday. We opened back up on Tuesday with limited hours. I didn’t evacuate but, wish I had.I will never stay again. If you feel the need to evacuate just do it and don’t worry about Target. Just tell them your evacuating and check in after to let them know your safe. Louisiana person here take my advice evacuate and don’t worry about your job!!!!

Back