Archived How long does it take to "fix" stuff when its reported as a guest complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
About a month ago I e-mailed Target to complain about the restrooms at my former store. The middle stall was loose and wouldnt lock (had been even before I was fired in March '10 and I brought it up to them when I worked for them and they didn;t do jack ) and they dont have steat covers. (I waste tolit paper just covering the seats) Now I can see the seat covers being on order or them not giving a damn about installing some but the middle stall is still loose? Surly it would take a few minuntes for the SFT to go in there and tighten it up?

So I'm just wondering how long it takes for an e-mail to be sent to indianapolis and then to the DM and then store in order to get things done.

Probably got lost in translation somewhere, tbh. Ask the SFT of your store if he ever saw that work order and I'll bet he'd say no.

On the other hand, are you just coming up with excuses to complain about your former store?

On the other hand, are you just coming up with excuses to complain about your former store?

no. These are actual issues that need to be adressed. but thats cool if you want to assume that I am.....

The emails are blackholes. I wrote anonymous emails about some of the problems that my former store's leadership would ignore. Basically, all I got was...'I am sorry to hear about your recent trip to Target. We will work to make it a better experience on your next visit.'

I then did surveys and comment cards, and only then did my leadership start to notice things because it actually went on GE reports.

I don't think TMs are permitted to do surveys / comment cards ??

I'm assuming you did it as a TM since you knew the results of GE reports, etc.

Guest Attendant, I think you need to let go of Target man :) I know you don't work at your store anymore, but its kind of weird to go into your old store and start throwing around guest complaints. In the store's eyes you aren't really a guest, but "that guy who used to work here".

Its not hard...just fill them out without using your real name. You will be surprised how more attentive Target can be when a guest makes a complaint instead of a TM bringing something to leaderships attention.

Yes, but they aren't intended for Team Members. Just because you want something, doesn't mean GUESTS want the same thing. You really shouldn't be filling them out even if you are using a fake name.

Guest Attendant, I think you need to let go of Target man :) I know you don't work at your store anymore, but its kind of weird to go into your old store and start throwing around guest complaints. In the store's eyes you aren't really a guest, but "that guy who used to work here".

Agreed.

Yes, but they aren't intended for Team Members. Just because you want something, doesn't mean GUESTS want the same thing. You really shouldn't be filling them out even if you are using a fake name.

Because guests want poor service, rude tms, to see lazy tms chatting to each other and ignoring their work, broken bathrooms, dirty bathrooms, dirty store, broken ac, a store that is too hot, slow checklanes, slow cashiers, and a poor GE.

The difference between a guest and a TM that complains is the guest may or may not complain, but they for sure will not come back to the store. The employee has to come back until they quit or are fired so their complaints are likely to be more thorough due to their understanding/motives. Yes it is against policy, but so what? Unless you are a member of management who cares?

Because guests want poor service, rude tms, to see lazy tms chatting to each other and ignoring their work, broken bathrooms, dirty bathrooms, dirty store, broken ac, a store that is too hot, slow checklanes, slow cashiers, and a poor GE.

The difference between a guest and a TM that complains is the guest may or may not complain, but they for sure will not come back to the store. The employee has to come back until they quit or are fired so their complaints are likely to be more thorough due to their understanding/motives. Yes it is against policy, but so what? Unless you are a member of management who cares?

Regardless, its still against policy to write comment cards / surveys as a Team Member, and is not considered best practice lol. Just saying.

I did a guest comment when a favorite item was dropped from our line (w/o disclosing that I was a TM).
Basically got a "Thanks for your comment" form response.
I wouldn't do a rant or anything like that, tho.

My store goes on if you get a survey, you can do it if you want.
And I don't see a problem with what Guest Attendant is doing. He is trying to better the guest experience and he's not even employed there.

My store goes on if you get a survey, you can do it if you want.
And I don't see a problem with what Guest Attendant is doing. He is trying to better the guest experience and he's not even employed there.

At mine, we would be instantly termed. Management feels surveys are like the holy grail.

I am just saying I found a TM providing poor food service and sanitation practices to guests and the food on a consistent basis, and I brought it up to the Execs attention on multiple occasions only to be ignored or told to drop the matter.

But when a guest comment card came around...the store finally took some but not all the necessary actions.

I shop at Target too when I am off the clock so I am a Guest actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back