Archived How long should the process take

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, back in January I was asked along with one other person in my function to serve as a backup trainer. The other person who was picked has been put through the training process and has been certified Now, that process ended back around beginning of March. In the time I had kept asking when I was going to be put through the process and kept getting vague answers. I kept following up to make sure my prod wasn't an issue and was always told the prod was fine. I also asked if the fact I had a job change in was hindering me in anyway and was told no (a person in a different function is also able to train people in my function currently) I wanted to do training in my function because I felt it would help me develop finer skills in becoming an OM. During my conversation with my OM they told me they wanted to know how dedicated I would be able to be to this. (I'm a member of GST team and do one or two other things to help out around the department). So about three days later I pulled out of the job change process and let my OM know that I did during my annual review. They told me that I would get my interest form the next week which I did and I turned in. When I turned it in I was told that my prod needed to come up a little bit because I had a bad couple weeks. OM pre-staffed me with newer team members and my prod went down because I was having to show them basics consistently OM told me my paperwork was being turned in because they understood. That was March 23, As of Friday, I have heard nothing and neither has my OM who feels kind of guilty because they admitted the process should have been done sooner than it was and they took ownership of that. My question is, Should the process be taking as long as it has, or should I job change and hope I can get into the new function instead? The position I would have job changed into had two vacancies and one was filled the other still open.

From getting approached about being a trainer to becoming a bona fide trainer took almost three months for me. I blame Vogon-esque bureaucracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back