Archived How Long to Wait for Orientation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSpotTM

Target Enthusiast
Hey all,

I was called into the store to meet with HR last Friday. I received a conditional job offer and was instructed to get a drug screening test within 24 hours. Before I left, I was told that I will get a call possibly the following Monday for orientation on Wednesday or Saturday.

It is Thursday already I am certain that I should pass both the drug screening test and the background test. No phone call yet. Could it be that they are still waiting to get my results back? Should I give HR a call, or do I simply keep waiting?

Anyone familiar with the procedures that HR goes through? How long is the wait to receive a call after a drug screening test usually?

RedSpotTM

Last edited:
For me, it took a week to get a call back. Everybody that I've seen respond on here to a situation like your's usually say's it takes about 1 to 2 weeks for a call back. I'd say wait 2 weeks exactly and then call Human Resources at the Target you applied for. But at this stage, just sit tight and wait for the call. You should be getting one shortly. Good Luck!

I'm still waiting on my call, and it's been about 3 weeks-it really depends on your store and how many applicants they have, since from what I've read here, they don't like doing orientation if there's not a lot of new hires, they may just be waiting for enough people.

we are so desparate for any new hires at our store, HR had an evening orientation on Monday night for just 2 people. They started to work on Tuesday.
If you know anyone in my area who wants a job please send them our way. No one in my area wants to work for 8 dollars per hour.
We also had 7 flow TMs quit in the last week.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon! I got the call a while ago. Thank you for the help, everyone!

If anyone else is having this problem at their store, be aware that as seasonal hiring happening the background checks are taking FOREVER to clear.

Also, seasonal hiree's were not supposed to start until this week, so they started hiring people over the last month and waiting until November to onboard them, because November is when hours pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back