How many GM TM's close

How many GM tm's close your store?
Not Market, Style or fulfillment.
Im trying to determine how many close compared to how many are suppose to close?
If we start are pulling 1for1's at noon and all the gm tm's leave except for 1 how are they suppose to get all of that pushed?

My store typically our last gm tm leaves at 600, most leave at 3. We never have a gm tm close. We do close with 3-4 closing experts.

How many GM tm's close your store?
Not Market, Style or fulfillment.
Im trying to determine how many close compared to how many are suppose to close?
If we start are pulling 1for1's at noon and all the gm tm's leave except for 1 how are they suppose to get all of that pushed?
Dbos? Or closing experts? No dbos close. The latest they work is a mid. We only have 1 closing expert for gm. Super target. It’s crazy!

Right now my store has one Closing expert who comes in at around 4/5, and then one GM DBO will work a later shift (1-9) to do their routine and then help the closer with zone. Our store closes at 10. All the rest of GM is gone by 6.

Closing experts are GM at my store. Ideally 4 of us. Usually 3. On a bad night, 2. Our store made around $82M or so last year, for reference.

If someone calls in when only (ETA) two of us is scheduled, hoo boy. And it's not like we can get out of backup when there are only 1-2 of us on the floor, as if anyone else will answer call boxes.

1 in Tech and 1 in H&B, though they usually leave at 9. Market & style usually has 3-ish or so, plus a TL or two in each. GM TL closers are pretty rare (though we usually have someone until 8 on weeknights).

Last edited:
I'm assuming they are, at least in my store they are. It's semantics. On the schedule here they are listed as Closing Expert. But they are GM TMs, just not technically DBOs.
I stated the difference because the post is talking about closers pushing 141s. Our dbos don’t close and our closing experts don’t push freight. So I am clueless what the post is talking about. Lol.

Closing TL here. Most nights I have one gm tm for reshop, back up at the lanes, and covering break or meal in tech. Then 2 TMs strictly pulling and pushing OFOs unless I have to pull them to cover fulfillment in a pinch.

On an average weeknight we have 3 closing experts for GM. They do backup, zone, pull/push 141. There are usually 2 tms in dry grocery until close, one in MDF until about 8, one in produce until close, one in deli until 8 (SuperT). 2-3 tms in Style. There is no food leadership past 330. GM1 TL leaves at 2pm, GM 2 and 3 between 2-5 depending on the day or if we have big dept resets. It used to be that all GM team members were out by 2pm but recently they've shifted and some are out at 4. As Style TL I'm generally around until 5 most days.

Closing TL here. I have anywhere from 1 to 4 GM TMs shift tagged for OFOs with start times between 1 and 6pm. The goal is to pull every group 100% at least once throughout the day. Specialty Sales has the best metrics in our store. I have 2 closing experts, 1 pfresh closer 5 nights out of 7, 1 tech TM (leaves between 9 and 9:30) and 1 to 3 style closers. Dry market tries to schedule someone for OFOs later in the day but not always.
My closing experts and I have tried pulling and pushing OFOs but then there's no time for zone or guest first.
For reference, we are a $50 mil mall store.

We have between 1 to 3 closers. Typically 2 are pulling and staging for DBOs and one may be supporting the truck or they are doing what they are suppose to do and that's zone touch ups and reshop. Market has their own. As does style and electronics, although they may be out before 10pm closing. I wish i had 3 pullers at night. One for market one for commodities and one for everything else. And 1 or 2 additional people to actually help the guest and zone/reshop.

Back