Archived How many people do they keep after their 90 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
Do they keep most non-seasonal people they hire?

Biggest reasons they let people go?

Last week we fired two seasonal hires for stealing. If you keep your nose clean, they keep you. Not a hard rule to follow at my store.

Last week we fired two seasonal hires for stealing. If you keep your nose clean, they keep you. Not a hard rule to follow at my store.

I would say how many are kept at all depends on the store. My store keeps very few if any every year. And some we have let go are damn good.

It's hard to get fired at my store, seasonal or not. Seems the seasonals that don't stick are those that only wanted a seasonal job.

In the four years I've been with spot we've fired a couple seasonal for stealing, one regular for violence, and one regular for attendance. Everyone else leaves under their own steam.

I wasn't hired on to be seasonal. I meant just regular employee hires.

in our store you have to really mess up to be let go before your 90 days. Most of the time they're let go is for attendance. If you show up, have a good attitude, and try we can find a fit for you.

When we hired non-seasonal TMs we hired them with the intention of keeping them. He hire seasonal with very little intention on keeping them past January 1st. As a regular TM, you'll need documentation within your 90 days showing you aren't doing well. Avoid being late, calling out, no call no shows, and performance coachings.

So the short answers to your questions: 100% of those that don't F it up and biggest reasons include attendance issues, performance issues, stealing, telling a guest to go F themselves, and other egregious actions.

Define "attendance issues." lol...I mean besides the obvious NCNS's and calling in sick all the time.

Define "attendance issues." lol...I mean besides the obvious NCNS's and calling in sick all the time.

Attendance issues:
Consistently late - 6+ minutes each shift - or late more than 3 times a month - regardless of excuse
Call out more than once a month - regardless of excuse
Leave work early more than twice a month - regardless of excuse - ETL can let you but that doesn't mean he/she isn't keeping track of it

Don't be a shitty worker and you won't be used as a sacrifice to the demon that Target get its power from.

Since February, my store has hired 13 back room TMs (not including a couple transfers). 6 are still there, 3 of which are still in/fresh off their 90 days. It all comes down to just basic common sense.

1) Show up when you're scheduled (or find coverage ahead of time)
2) Do your job as best you can/learn from your mistakes (we expect you to make mistakes, just don't make the same ones over and over)
3) Show respect to fellow team members

These are simple rules, but they were the rules which were broken, and ultimately resulted in many of our hires being wished the best of luck in their future endeavors. If you prove your worth, they'll keep you around as long as they possibly can.

I'm thinking I'll probably be let go then. I work at 4 am. I have a hard time not clocking in at 4:05. It never fails. I really suck at time management. But I am NOT the only one who does this. A lot of the usual's are late multiple times a week.

If no one has spoken to you about clocking in late, I doubt it's an issue. I'm not saying that you shouldn't aim to come in on time, but I doubt you'd be let go for something without having it brought to your attention first, at least you wouldn't be at my store.

From what I've seen, we don't fire TM's, they fire themselves.

Even if it's not currently an issue, it's something they could look at if you give them the slightest reason to...showing up to work on time is basic stuff, nevermind actually performing your job. Wake up 10 minutes earlier, be accountable for yourself.

Even if it's not currently an issue, it's something they could look at if you give them the slightest reason to...showing up to work on time is basic stuff, nevermind actually performing your job. Wake up 10 minutes earlier, be accountable for yourself.

I don't disagree, I just don't think they'll let you go for coming in late if they have never coached you for attendance issues beforehand. If it was a big enough issue to let her go for it, she'd have heard about it by now from someone at her store.

Even if they don't fire you for it, it is certainly a part of deciding whether to ever promote you, or how much your raise is every year.

As a cashier if I was 10 minutes late every day it'd be annoying, if I did that as a GSA or GSTL and made my counterpart wait around for me to get there every day before the could leave, resulting in them getting unscheduled overtime, that'd be much worse.

It depends on your position, if you are a cashier, there are 3 things that you will be graded on: attendance, guest service score, and conversion rates. If you are in electronics, your attendance, AAR scores, and keeping up with strays will be the criteria. If you are performing exceptionally well on these, there is a huge chance that you will be kept after the season is over.

By conversion rate you mean redcards and by guest service score you mean that % thingie that seems to be based on how fast you ring stuff up? (never explained to me lol)

By conversion rate you mean redcards and by guest service score you mean that % thingie that seems to be based on how fast you ring stuff up? (never explained to me lol)

Yes, conversion is your RedCard score. The guest service score could refer to your survey scores or (most likely) your speed score, the big fat G(reen)or R(ed) that shows up on your register with the percentage and something that looks like GGGGRGGGGG 90% (G). The way speed score works, at least to my knowledge, is each item scanned adds a certain number of seconds to the total time the computer thinks the transaction should take. Payment methods vary on how many they add. If you finish the transaction (receipt prints) in the same or less time the register thinks it should take you get a G. If you take longer than it thinks you should you get an R. If you're scanning at a reasonable rate and processing payment fairly quickly you will in most cases get a G. However there are times that you have no other choice than an R, like if the guest puts items on the belt one at a time after you scan each item or they fish in their wallet for cash, etc. One thing I've noticed is that if I use my TM discount the cashier always gets a G, but that's my personal experience.

At my store you basically have to be reliable and avoid stupid mistakes. They make a huge deal about RCs here (even though we're always green with the entire world holding RCs) but conversion doesn't seem to factor in when it comes to keeping people. I know several cashiers who would have been gone if that was the case.

Dont call in and be there on time everyday and they will keep you. Unless you wonder around doing nothing all day. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back