Archived How many Redcards do you get in a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eshana

TM/Food Ave
Hello all!

Since I'm new, I'm terrified of this whole 'Redcard' process. They brought it up several times in my interview, asking me if I've had experience in selling people on something like that. I feel like if I really want to impress, I'll need to shine on getting people to sign up.

I've been doing research on them. It seems like the more appealing one to many customers would be the debit card, but is a check really the only way to get them to sign up for one? What if they want one but don't have a check on hand? If they come back with one to sign up, am I still credited with that 'sale'?

So, on average, how many Redcards do you get people to sign up for in a week? Is it more often the debit or the credit card? If I don't get enough people to sign up for them within my 90 day trial period, will I be let go?

You guys, I'm so scared.

:cray:

Don't be scared.
Read some of the zillion red card threads, there are a lot of good suggestions for approaching the customers (you have to call them guests ---I don't have to anymore).
Keep trying different approaches until you find the one that works for you.
Just make sure you hit everyone that way they can't complain about you and there won't be anything to be afraid of.

Despite fear being a tremendous motivator, try not to let it get the best of you. Easier said than done, but try to find some way to focus on the task at hand ( i.e., redCards ) without getting too discombobulated about it; be it meditation, trying to find a different perspective, or whatever suits you...

Or, all else failing, stick it out through your 90 and then see about transferring to another team...

That said, so far, the only way to sign up for the debit version of the RC is a check. If only there were other ways...

As to which is the "easier sell", these days, many folks are much more open to the idea of the debit card simply because of the desire to avoid credit.

Mind you, a lot of this will depend on the demographic of your store's customer base: Are the mostly upper-middle-class, middle-class, working-class, or other? Young or old? Etc., etc., etc.,

these are things you will only truly find out with time.

Good luck. Do your best. keep your wits about you, and keep on trying.

Thanks guys. I'm sorry, I know there must be a ton of threads on this, but I didn't find anything about red cards during the probationary period.

So, I had orientation today at 10am (ooh, unions are scary!) and at 2:30pm they put me on a register to shadow someone. After she rang up a guest she suggested we go to an empty lane to practice.

She takes me to the empty lane, gives me a pin, says "I'll be right back!" and left. I wound up ringing people up by myself for the last hour of my shift (I clocked out at 3:30pm). About ten minutes before my shift ended, I landed my first REDcard credit card!

It was my goal for the day to get a REDcard on my first shift, and I was so excited I did it. I asked almost every customer that came up, and I finally sold someone on the "free online shipping".

I told the person training me and she said she'd put it down. Is there any way for me to check on that tomorrow morning? Or do I just go by her word?

If you were logged in on the register under your number, it would come up under your name. If not, you might mention it to the GSTL/GSA when you come in for your next shift.
Good job, btw. Keep it up; confidence is key & it sounds like you're off to a good start. Learn all the particulars so you can answer any questions.
Yeh, anti-union videos are really comic relief during orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back