How much are you making?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TPS @ $13.75
8 years (different workcenters, 4 years without a raise due to being "capped")
$7.25 minimum wage
$375.00 mortgage (Something good came out of the recession)

9.50 signing 3 years, 1 year signing and 2 years service desk

My rent is 740 two bedroom right next to my college.

Started at 7.50 then add a .12 raise and .35 raise then a 1.00 when i move to signing. Plus a .23 this year.

Working at Target for 6 months, Average hour per week is 20-25.
$8.25 - Minimum Wage
$8.75 - Starting Pay
$8.80 - Year Review was $0.05. Wasn't working for Target in that year.
$9.80 - Got an extra $1 because they took away shift differential

Working Flow & and pushing P-Fresh/Frozen. Breaking down the pallet, pushing and backstocking.

When I left Target I was up to $9.42 an hour.
Starting wage at my store- $8.00
Moved to PA position-$1.00 raise
Yearly review-$0.42 raise
Minimum wage where I am- $7.25

Currently renting a 2 BR house for $550 a month. Decent part of town, right outside a major city. Knowing the landlords as family friends helps.

I am now making $12 as a starting wage for regular crew member at Trader Joe's.

10.05/hr - Electronics TM, transferring to GSA. 7.25 min. wage in my state. Been with Target for 3.5 years.

10.something, 1+ year
Price Accuracy + Signing (mostly just signing)
Started last year at 9.something
Min. wage... 10.something. My current wage is still smaller than the min. wage.

@Mhugh220 it would be interesting for people to post their monthly rent/mortgage along with their pay rate. So we could get an idea of if they get paid enough for their cost of living.

For me: Rent is $450/mo.

Our county has a high cost of living. Average minimum wage is $10, some local areas already started the $11 minimum wage. People really have to rely on other's for support. For example, a 2 BR home/apartment is roughly $1600 a month. This is a fairly decent home but I've seen studio's cost just as much. Personally, my rent is $2450 a month but I no longer work for Target and I live in a more rural setting. The closer you are to the metro or DC the more expensive rent is. The townhomes next to our Target start at $750,000 or $2000-$3000 a month for rent. If you have children, the average cost for childcare is $300 a week, more for those under 2 years old. You can do a nanny but that ends up being more expensive ($10+ an hour, 8+hours a day).

For our area, TMs do not get paid enough for the cost of living.

This is such a depressing thread. Pardon me while I find a corner and curl up in the fetal position. ;)
What I find shocking is the number of TMs making close to what starting TLs now make! If only those newer TLs knew that they may have TMs who make the same if not more than they do....that would make me feel very undervalued and unappreciated by target!

What I find shocking is the number of TMs making close to what starting TLs now make! If only those newer TLs knew that they may have TMs who make the same if not more than they do....that would make me feel very undervalued and unappreciated by target!

It's likely that most of those TM's are at, or close to, the pay cap. Whereas a starting TL has a greater earning potential.

It's likely that most of those TM's are at, or close to, the pay cap. Whereas a starting TL has a greater earning potential.

My TMs that were at their cap complained all the time about their minimal increase each year. Some TMs were making $16+, but that was their cap. TLs can go much higher. Promotion is the only way to reach greater pay potential.

$9.02
6+ years
TM
High vol Super
what work center are u. it has to suck giving six years for low pay
Didn't you know? We work for Target!

In all honesty though this makes me envious of some lol.

I guess I just get the shaft.. Saw another high vol super target peep making only 9 after 6 years... Yikes, just about as bad as me

$13.35 - 4.5 years at Target, 6 months as PTL. Minimum wage is $8.25 here.

I pay $900/month for a shitty studio. I hate this state.

My TMs that were at their cap complained all the time about their minimal increase each year. Some TMs were making $16+, but that was their cap. TLs can go much higher. Promotion is the only way to reach greater pay potential.

lol complaining about making like $5 more than most other TMs...kind of crazy.

I'm just a SFTM. I have open availability and will work just about anywhere. I'm considered a very hard worker and I've been given "awards" including Great Team Hero, TM of the year and MVP. MVP is the one I am proud of because it is decided by anonymous votes & it was practically unanimous. I'm adding all that because I always wonder if a hardworking global TM is paid so little how are my coworkers treated?

~$8.50/hr, been at it a crappy 4 years, and NOT planning on making it 5.

Base pay for my job is $7.75.

Minimum wage is my state is $7.25.

Last edited:
Hopefully most of you have leadership that doesn't give you a hard time or give you crazy expectations that not even they could accomplish. And also hope they take care of you by providing a meal now and then. It may not be much but a free meal during lunch is always awesome, for anyone making from $8-$40 an hour. That's probably why Target wore on me. It's tough seeing 40-60 year olds busting their ass unloading a truck every night for $10 an hour, then trying to make them implement some stupid new best practice that is horrible. ETL-Logs, take care of your good TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back