Archived How much did i screw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was a very very long day. So am i minor still in school and so today i had to take a 30 minute break and all of i put my head down on the table in the break room and boom feel asleep ( lol) i went past my 30 minute break by 20 or so minutes ( F**K) So how much trouble am i going to be in for having a long break? I have never had an issue in fact i am the most cautious of my time as i set alarms on my phone to keep track but today was so long i passed out! I do hope im not in alot of trouble cause i do take blame in falling asleep and not like i was paid to sleep it was UN-paid. Oh and last thing will it show up that i had taken a long break? And should i talk to my TL tomorrow just saying what happened to get ahead of HR who might get mad or something? Thanks

I know staying late or leaving earlier than your scheduled time will notify HR in some way. Not sure about the long breaks. I've took longer lunches before and never had anything said to me about it. Not as long as you. But still.

I guess it depends on the store and possibly the position your in on whether anyone cares. I doubt it though.

Thanks, I hope im not in trouble :D not like i said to myself "hey yo im going to fall asleep" complete 100% accident. and well i have had a co-worker who has taken a 40 minute break when it was supposed to be a 15. I wasn't paid for it so really they shouldn't be mad just tell me to watch my time.

Unless your store leadership sucks they'll probably just tell you to not do it again. No reason to get super pissed over something minor like this. That is if they even notice.

If you were clocked out then it's not the end of the world.
I'm sure people who were waiting for you to get back weren't happy but as long as you aren't making a habit out of it you don't have to worry.

Oh and i was by myself in my own department. Nobody was waiting for me but a few people in Produce were like "There you are"

Last edited:
If you arent getting paid for it and were on lunch it prob wouldnt be as big of a deal as if you were just on break and getting paid

Quick story:
One day a member of the flow team went missing.
He was a family member of the team captain so we knew he hadn't walked off the job.
Everybody remembered him before the break but not after.
The ETL LOG and TL searched for more than two hours and finally found him curled up in a corner under a bench in TSC sound asleep.
Except for giving him a hard time for weeks after that he didn't get into any trouble.
The fact that he worked three jobs might have had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back