Archived How much of a jerk would I be?

Should I quit?

• No they will hate you forever

• Yes, it is the right thing to do

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So a little background story,

I took a leave about 2 weeks ago for educational reasons, now I realize I won't be able to go back due to schedule conflicts. I have to go back in to quit. How mad do you think the LODs and GSTLs would be? Some of them are really nice, and I would prefer to be able to return to target without having to avoid all team leads.

Why do you "have to" go back in at all? If you never intend on going there to work again or need the reference, why do you have to?

To be kind, you should go in and explain the situation. That is the right thing to do.

But I don't see where you have to.

And honestly, it's Target. They are expecting you to be there to perform scheduled neurosurgery.

My opinions.

If you quit without working your two weeks you'll almost certainly be marked as non-rehireable which would not only be for that store but for all Targets.

Try putting them in the swap shift book and see if you can get them covered.

If you quit without working your two weeks you'll almost certainly be marked as non-rehireable which would not only be for that store but for all Targets.

Try putting them in the swap shift book and see if you can get them covered.
I already worked, but I mean my leave started 2 weeks ago, I was planning on returning in a few weeks, but then I realized my schedule conflicts

So go in and give them your resignation. Since your on LOA you won't be scheduled for your last two weeks. The End.

Keep the educational leave until they start calling you. Then you get to keep the discount for awhile. People do it all the time at my store.

Are you planning to return? During a break between classes? Or are you finished working at Target for the unforeseeable future?

Pretty sure we have a few college students who mainly work during their breaks from school... Thanksgiving, Spring break, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back