Archived How much should a GSTL make and how much should a GSA make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much it sucks to know that you are being paid the same as a cashier that started 3 months ago. Target knows that the GSA position is more like a platform for those that want to be promoted. There are going to people who will be fine with the pay understanding that if they do well in this role, there will be a better chance at getting promoted than just being a cashier. Also with e2e the salesfloor has way more responsibilities than they did before. I don't think there should be pay difference between the two.
Why buy the cow when you can milk it for free.

Once the new model pilot rolled out, we gained a service lead and leader, there are only about 20 hours a week (if nobody is on vacation) where we dont have leadership at the front lanes. Our GSAs used to have to deal with a lot, we really only have one left who works a 5 hour closing shift 3 nights a week who does the old GSA duties that the leads/leader now do.

Well, I just put in my notice, and I'll be surprised if they don't end up having to bring in in an outside hire. Not because I'm irreplaceable within my store -- everyone's replaceable, and there are certainly people qualified to do the job. I think that'll happen because no one in my store wants the job, and the lack of pay differential vs. the added workload is a big reason. (Our store expects a lot of GSAs/SEAs.) I know ASANTS is still at play, but at our store open availability is required. We typically work 8-hour shifts -- including one close a week, more if it's our weekend to close. If we're scheduled with someone who can cover our breaks/meals, great. If not, forget your 15s, particularly if you're the closer. I was waking up every night in a panic on days I opened and often crying before I went in to close. My DOCTOR told me to find another job. You know it's bad when that happens.

Problem is people in those positions aren't leaving in large enough numbers to make Spot change the pay scale.
McDonalds and pretty m uch most fast food places pay similar wages for dealing with very similar guests. It's pretty standard.

McDonalds and pretty m uch most fast food places pay similar wages for dealing with very similar guests. It's pretty standard.

In my area most FF places are just hitting $9 now, and aren't over $10. Of course my store was paying $7.75 until the $9 wage increase back in 2015.

have proactive goals with cashiers & gstl’s, take care guests & any issues, able to multi task areas likeGs, CO, OPU, drive up, softlines, cover breaks(Starbucks, FA), training new cashiers, etc.
I am still fairly new so I'm not looking for to move up there yet. But this is really helpful. Thanks!
I'm getting cross trained in Yes Desk right now so I have a ways to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back