Archived How often....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...does corporate visit your store? Obviously don't give specific dates, etc. I'm just wondering how common it is. There's obviously a reason I'm asking, but to go into it would give way too much information away.

Corporate or DTL? Is there really even a difference? I hear about the DTL coming in about every 2-3 months. We get alot of heads up from other stores when he goes they immediately call the other surrounding stores and let us know a potential visit is upon us.

"Corporate" visits my district once a year. Usually it's a "Stores Assurance" visit, but sometimes the group/region head-honcho will travel around with business partners and walk the stores.

In what capacity? There are a lot of different levels of management that can stop by for different reasons.

The last one might have been DTL, not really sure. The next one is because they are coming for a specific reason because we do "x" so well compared to many in the nation and they want to know why. This was phrased in such a way that it is the upper ups.

It depends on where you are at. If you are in Minnesota then you get a lot more corporate visits than say Idaho, Alabama or Hawaii. We have had corporate visits throughout the years, some regular and some special.

Not Minnesota, but I completely understand what you mean.

Nice! Though I admit I had to look that up to be sure I understood that correctly. Wonder why that is?

I meant, I wonder why there are no stores there? Surely they need fun, fast and friendly service there as well!

Vermont has adopted policies to keep Walmart & Target from building stores in their state. They say it would destroy local businesses & the area's unique charm.
Doesn't seem to have hurt them.

Vermont has adopted policies to keep Walmart & Target from building stores in their state. They say it would destroy local businesses & the area's unique charm.
Doesn't seem to have hurt them.

Personally I think if more states had taken Vermont's attitude right from the git go this country would be a whole lot better off.

Fairly often, unfortunately.

Our store is a vortex of strangeness that just draws in every weird thing you can possibly imagine.

we got a ton at the beginning of this year.....2nd in line muckety muck kind of thing...but the year+ before that we only had DTL visits.

Just googled it and apparently they "only" have the 6th most debt in the country, but far and away the most debt per capita.

Lol, hilarious how "hardlinesmaster" was quick to say "no they are not" when he had no idea. This is all relevant to the majority of mindless responses in some of these posts! Thank you for helping to provide a consistant truthful reality check to many TM on here!

Lol, hilarious how "hardlinesmaster" was quick to say "no they are not" when he had no idea. This is all relevant to the majority of mindless responses in some of these posts! Thank you for helping to provide a consistant truthful reality check to many TM on here!

Which other usernames have you used on here before? Miguel, for instance?
formerlevel3, fff3....

Last edited:

Your glee is misplaced and a bit embarrassing.
Not to derail this thread but it is easy for two people to view a subject like this (with similar information) and come to different conclusions.
Since my comment started this mess, let me try to moderate.
Nate is right, Vermont has (like most of the rest of the country) some serious issues with its economy.
It does however have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country (between 4.8 and 4.6) and the there does seem to be some growth in local business.
Which makes Hardlines comment fair as well.
The law (Act 250) that regulates big box stores doesn't keep them from opening it just requires them to be very attentive to the local environment and businesses.
Personally I don't have a problem with that.
I suspect that Target does only because they would much rather just tromp in and do as they please.
All of that is my personal opinion and can't really be backed up with facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back