Archived How To : Access E-HR From Home on a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja
This post is for all my fellow Mac owning Team Members out there. Spot just doesn't understand us, but, thanks to some Tech Gurus at my last store, I did figure out how to pull this off.. ;)

And in case your wondering, I think this will be the First & Last series of Technical Support with AP215 :p

First you need to Open Safari on your Mac. Then Click on the Safari Drop Down box, near the Apple logo. Once opened, Click the Preferences Tab.
tfnclaM.jpg

Once the Preferences Box opens, you'll wanna click on the last tab that says "Advanced". In this Box you'll see a little tick mark option for "Show Develop menu in menu bar", Select this.

cPTOc1s.png

Now Close Safari, and Re-Open it. From There, Click the Develop drop down box, and the 2nd option should be "User Agent", Select Internet Explorer 7.0, or 8.0.

HMUmaIw.jpg

Once Completed, try to access e-HR, and you'll be greeted with this ;)

Cix05pp.png

I should point out, that this feature of Safari, only works on your current browsing session, and you'll have to select IE from the user agent box anytime you wanna use it.. However, this is a lot easier then going back to the store to do it, or waiting for that Windows Machine to load..

Thanks! Now I don't have to connect to my college's computers remotely or wait until I go to work to log on! :)

GTC for ap215.
To go with WDYSSM (Why Do You Suck So Much) card to E-Hr for being only accessible in frelling IE or the assorted spoofs.

First time I tried that method, it didn't work for me because ehr opens in a new tab and the UA switch only applies to the current tab. I had to copy the link location from the link to ehr, then paste it into the url bar. Typing the url to the front page of ehr doesn't work for me. Is there a more direct way to get to ehr? I always go through target.com

When I was using chrome, I'd use cloudinternetexplorer.com but it's not the speediest method. They have an app (a glorified bookmark, really) in the chrome webstore, too.

I use Firefox now and this add-on makes it really easy to switch the UA. It switches it for the browser in general opposed to the current tab so it works even if you go to ehr from target.com. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/

It doesn't work for me, either. I tried the link given but get "JSP Processing Error" "http error code: 404"

And if I try https://hrportal.target.com/ I get "Welcome to Websphere Application Server 7.0.0.11™ Please click here to PeopleSoft logon page" but clicking just gives me "Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /ps/signon.html"

Rat bastahds.

Last edited:
Ok, actually, once you're off the main ehr page, you can use the sidebar links. I just tried it out. If I go to my pay statement from the link in the middle, then all of a sudden, sidebar links work.

I'm sorry you guys are having trouble :( It's been a long while since I've used e-hr.. but, the website mostly worked for me.

If all else fails, there's always a computer in TSC to hit up :)

It doesn't work for me, either. I tried the link given but get "JSP Processing Error" "http error code: 404"

And if I try https://hrportal.target.com/ I get "Welcome to Websphere Application Server 7.0.0.11™ Please click here to PeopleSoft logon page" but clicking just gives me "Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /ps/signon.html"

Rat bastahds.

For those of you getting this error, make sure you're selecting "copy link address" and not just regular "copy" when you right click the link. :) That should sort things out!

Once you get the login page loaded up, bookmark it for later sessions.. ;) Should save you some time.

Not working from my MacBook Pro...tried all the links and even doing it from Firefox :(

Got this:
Site name is not valid. Check your url syntax and try again.

or the normal "incompatible browser" message....

Last edited:
After you installed the ffox extension, did you restart the browser and switch your user agent to ie 6 7 or 8? The option is added to the tools menu. You have to switch the agent for it to work, and if you do that, you don't need a special link... it works even if you go from target.com

If you did that and it still doesn't work, try cloudinternetexplorer.com it works in chrome and ffox. Never tried it in safari, though.

It is :/ I don't know of anything else that may be preventing the firefox extension from working. I turned it on and forgot about it and when I went to youtube and facebook, they were telling me to update my broswer -__-

I usually just use my mom's PC to access ehr (Windows 7 is actually pretty nice), but I hate that the options are either use someone else's computer, or jump through hoops and hope they work. I complain about it to my hr guy every time he does that thing where he sorta walks around surveying us on how things are going. Sometimes I pretend I have an impact lol.

After you installed the ffox extension, did you restart the browser and switch your user agent to ie 6 7 or 8? The option is added to the tools menu. You have to switch the agent for it to work, and if you do that, you don't need a special link... it works even if you go from target.com

If you did that and it still doesn't work, try cloudinternetexplorer.com it works in chrome and ffox. Never tried it in safari, though.

Yes....still can't get it to work....I'll try the cloudinternetexplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back