Archived how to comp shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have advice, how do I start up the lpda to that function. I was never trained ?

That should be under the eye of your price accuracy team lead (PATL). It's usually logged in under their TM# & password but may be different according to the individual store.
PricingMaster, got your ears on?

Re: ears on - asking if they're on the forum currently.
When you first log on the LPDA, you'll need to be in your store so you can download the comp list. You'll need the TM# & password. When logged in, it should indicate a list (number of items & date).
I used to be able to knock off many items just at first glance because I knew the store I was comping didn't carry them. Don't stress if you can't find EVERY SINGLE ITEM. But do wait until your last shop to mark them as "unfound/not carried".

ok thanks! any advice for a newbie to this area??

Be subtle but not furtive or they'll call their security.
If confronted, do NOT ever turn over your LPDA. Log off & use your cell to call your store. Most often they'll tell you to stop, sometimes they'll tell you to leave. Report it to the LOD & go at a different time. I used to shop difficult areas at night because the night crew didn't care as long as you stayed out of their way. I usually did a bit of shopping while I was there, too.
Recently a salesfloor team member found one of Wally's PDAs on a basedeck in HBA. Word had it that our STL was enjoying it immensely when he called their store to report it found.

There's a special pda that is only for comp shop. You need to log into it with your TM number and workbench password to download the shop, under "Transmit". Then, you need to log into the shop with your TM number and the password "comp".

I never have any trouble with my Walmart people. Some of them actually like to chat with me while I'm working.

Be aware that the comp shop metric is weird. Any prices you enter after 70% of the total starts dinging your score. Apparently corporate thinks if you find more prices than that, you're pencil whipping it or not finding the right items. I was frustratingly red for a good 6 months before figuring that out, but now I'm always green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back