Archived How to defect produce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to defect out produce? Whenever I try to enter in the code for the fruit it says invalid barcode or something like that.

Does anyone know how to defect out produce? Whenever I try to enter in the code for the fruit it says invalid barcode or something like that.

You have to type in the produce plu or scan it ( though it won't work in a p fresh store)

You have to use mywork on a zebra to defect produce (it’s called QMOSing/quantity markouts.) go into the mywork app and type in the PLU code for the produce item (ex. 4046, 4011, etc) and then tap on the name of the item, scroll down and there will be a button for defecting the item. Type in how many eaches you want, select where you are defecting the item, select the option for override to toss, then just toss them. You don’t need stickers

As Dog said thats how you do it. PLEASE defect out always, never toss cause that will affect your onhand counts.
There is a store in my district that has well over 2,000 bananas and still has about 1,500 peaches from last year. lol like they really have that many. They just toss away without ever defecting out.
Im sure their defect numbers are great, but once inventory is over they will have a HUGE loss and AP will be looking into it ... lol theft of those peaches.

We have a QMOS bin that Food and Beverage will take a few times a day from the Service Desk and they complete the defective process.

You have to use mywork on a zebra to defect produce (it’s called QMOSing/quantity markouts.) go into the mywork app and type in the PLU code for the produce item (ex. 4046, 4011, etc) and then tap on the name of the item, scroll down and there will be a button for defecting the item. Type in how many eaches you want, select where you are defecting the item, select the option for override to toss, then just toss them. You don’t need stickers
you don't have to use my work.

on register, hit price inquiry. enter 4 digit plu. write down 9 digit DPCI that comes up, use that to defect. my store has barcodes printed for almost every produce item so we can scan at pos to defect

you don't have to use my work.

on register, hit price inquiry. enter 4 digit plu. write down 9 digit DPCI that comes up, use that to defect. my store has barcodes printed for almost every produce item so we can scan at pos to defect
I wasn’t aware of that! I do think it is easier to do quantity mark outs on a zebra though

I wasn’t aware of that! I do think it is easier to do quantity mark outs on a zebra though
Same for bakery items, sliced cheese/ham, and meat/poultry. What I do is scan the barcode on MyWork 2.0, and type the DPCI into the Defectives screen of Sort Stuff on the GS registers. Then it tells me to Toss.

Oh yeah, if you have more than like one or two, definitely. But GS shouldn't be doing too many of those.
Same for bakery items, sliced cheese/ham, and meat/poultry. What I do is scan the barcode on MyWork 2.0, and type the DPCI into the Defectives screen of Sort Stuff on the GS registers. Then it tells me to Toss.
Type the DPCI into sort stuff (not defective screen) and it'll auto print a white ticket you can keep to scan for future. we have a list of common produce items next to the register so we can scan to defect.

Walk defective item to the compactor. Toss. We were told that were responsible for our own defects but then there was no training or anything about toss, donate, salvage, crc, etc. So I just toss the shit now. I'm not going to beg to be trained. The training should come first. So I just toss shit now.

As Dog said thats how you do it. PLEASE defect out always, never toss cause that will affect your onhand counts.
There is a store in my district that has well over 2,000 bananas and still has about 1,500 peaches from last year. lol like they really have that many. They just toss away without ever defecting out.
Im sure their defect numbers are great, but once inventory is over they will have a HUGE loss and AP will be looking into it ... lol theft of those peaches.
I completely agree with you but I don’t think AP will care.... that’s like 600 dollars in bananas lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back