Archived How to Get Into Target: I Keep getting rejected from the site! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Break Room."

Target%20HQ%20LG2.jpg

Target%20HQ%20LG4.jpg

Target Plaza South TM Skyway

Target%20HQ%20LG3.jpg

Target Plaza Commons

4a9a52ae-7552-11e2-921c-12313d04b46b-large.jpg

The Break Room

[video=youtube;zr445qKXfYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr445qKXfYI[/video]

Again, we have cookies.

I WANT THAT CHESS BOARD!!!

OK, that does look cool! But, I live 1000+ miles away. Not that I care about relocating (plus, I'd be just a few hours from Chicago and Packer games!), but won't Target get stuffy about that? I also heard that Target mostly hires from within via their ETL's...

Op, any new news?

Nope, not yet. Thanks for asking!

I found the NYC recruiter # after lots of research, but she has been ignoring my calls and Linkedin message. The Buffalo recruiter is out because he just got a new kid (which is awesome), so I hope to hear back from him next week. I got a contact from an anonymous poster that I'm gonna follow up on in the morning (thanks!).

From my research and after 30+ store calls, it seems that the District Offices are where the Area Recruiters are, and only the Area Recruiters make all the interview decisions. So, I might start going all Dexter, buying a large map of the US, and take a real gander at this: I might take a shot at calling every Target everywhere and asking for their District Office #, then asking the District Office for their recruiter, and mark it off the map when I've made a connection.

This is borderline stalker stuff, but I think this strategy might work! And I'm enough of a stubborn person to pull this off.

What you guys think?

[What you guys think?

Given all the bad press regarding the security breach, the resulting loses followed by steep personnel cuts.....
I think you should run screaming into the night.
I doubt it. Its nothing to do with Target, since I doubt they built their CRM and POS systems. This is going to keep happening more to retailers worldwide, online or off. As more information is being stored on these systems, it becomes more financially lucrative to hack them. Some are even using internally eye tracking, which can have many security issues (especially for the military) if hacked.

It's not new only to Target, and its not like the world is going to stop shopping because of clever hacking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/11/security-breach-more-retailers_n_4583200.html

I think in the future, these systems are going to be intelligently decoding information that the store wants (general customer data for Market Research purposes), and auto delete information retailers do not need (specific names, ages, credit cards, etc), with credit cards for temporary storage being automatically detected in a completely separate server. Credit card companies have already taken a lot of heat for not doing more to safeguard their information. I think they're going to start doing more to encypt information from people's cards,

On the PR side: I've seen this on comment sections and news forums, and except some of the very right-leaning website (who for some reason hate Target and love Walmart...:girl_sigh:), most people understand that its not directly Target's fault.

And (maybe sadly) a majority of people don't care.

Plus, when push comes to shove, that $98 32 inch TV is gonna be bought!

This will barely affect Target's bottom line. I doubt they're gonna change their hiring decisions over something like this.

Last edited:
This will barely affect Target's bottom line. I doubt they're gonna change their hiring decisions over something like this.

Did you NOT read the "jump ship" thread? (From this weekend)

There ARE major things happening, and personally at the ETL level I would not be stalking Target for a job at the moment. Broaden your search.... greatly.

Did you NOT read the "jump ship" thread? (From this weekend)

There ARE major things happening, and personally at the ETL level I would not be stalking Target for a job at the moment. Broaden your search.... greatly.

Just skimmed it. Everything's unsubstantiated. Sounds like people making a big fuss over nothing. Seems to me that the responsibility lies with the credit card companies and CRM systems if identity fraud on individuals does occur/possible lawsuits.

Since this really won't change people's buying habits, I don't see how it will affect the need for more employees. If anything, if enough employees start moving from Target out of fear of said paranoia, that leaves more opportunity for folks like me :music2:

Companies that handle situations like this don't do anything different in the frontlines. The last thing a Retail establishment wants to do after a PR debacle is to now have worse customer service, and give off the impression to consumers that your company is dying. They need to win consumers back and wow them, not give off a bad impression.

Less employees in an already understaffed environment = more inventory lying around, less turnaround, worse store presentation, longer lines, etc...

Which means less shoppers, degradation of brand name and image, less customers, higher inventory costs.

Which means more cuts in the future.

That's how Kmart and Circuit City cycled down. You start cutting your workers, and it becomes a vicious cycle. I'm sure Target execs know about that.

That will impact their image and bottom line far worse than the Credit Card leak will ever do.

The best course of action for Target is to be a cat: When they do something silly (like get their paws burned from a stove), they pretend and walk away like nothing happens, and overcompensate if anything, but lick their wounds in private and learn not to go near the stove again.

Last edited:
To me Target's HQ buildings look like a college student center. The cafeteria may look great now but you get used to all the jazzed up features of it pretty quick. I don't think it is anything special.

mozzy, with all due respect, you have absolutely no idea what in the hell you are talking about. You really don't want to work for this company, trust us we all know.

Target, has been making those exact same mistakes for almost a decade now. We have seen our ETL and TL counts cut significantly in recent years and the trend is towards that continuing. When I started at Target my ULV store had our STL, 7 ETLs and roughly 16 TLs we are now down to STL, 2 ETLs, 7 TLs. That is prior to the rumored cuts that are coming up this year. Hours are being slashed greatly and on an average night we have only one closing Sales Floor team member. Target is making the same exact mistakes as those previous retailers because the people in charge don't give a damn about Target. The Gregg's and Tina's of the world aren't trying to make more money for Target, they are trying to make more money for themselves. Hence the push for short term gains as in the long term they erode their consumer base and infrastructure.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record interviewer, why exactly are you so interested in working for Target? Is there something specific to Target that you like over other retail companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back