Archived How to push more effectively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new TM that has been working in softlines for a couple of days now. I'm kind of struggling with pushing items especially since working softlines means I "don't need" a PDA.
Problems that I've encountered that makes me really slow at pushing:

1) Items with no location, and sometimes they look like women's clothing but after a long time of searching, I found out they're men's..
2) I can't memorize all of the brands and where they're located especially when brands like Merona and Mossimo are not grouped together in their own area; they're spread out randomly in ready-to-wear and as a result I run around just looking for a place to hang up one shirt
3) I get caught up with guests' questions usually because they'd ask for something like a specific brand (that I haven't seen yet so I'm not sure if it's there) or something random like polka dot bandana for girls.

Is running around looking for the specific brand/item while pushing and helping guests the only way or is there a faster method of finding something? And any tips on the hard-to-distinguish men to women's clothing? I feel really bad for being so bad at this but I really need this job, any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Softlines can be tough because most items aren't located. Try to get to know the brands and where they're located relative to each other. For example, RTW at my store from back to front is plus-sizes, maternity (Liz Lange), Merona, Mossimo Supply Co, Mossimo Black, and I can't remember what else. (Being mostly hardlines, I try to stay away from softlines as much as possible.) When in doubt, ask your trainer, TL, or another softlines TM. Or if you're alone on the floor, ask the fitting room TM - they deal with all areas of softlines.

And by the way, welcome to The Break Room!

There should be a dept guide at the fitting room that may help you out. Baby trees or softlines ninja, we need some help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back