Archived How to save the most at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Long time lurker here. Since I began working at Target last Spring, I've been buying more and more stuff - most of them smaller purchases, but also big ones such as iPads and digital cameras. I'm trying to find the best way to save the most percentage on an item. The three I use now are: Cartwheel, TM discount and the REDcard. I heard something about an additional 5% with a Pharmacy card but I'm not sure how that works with regular items. Thanks!

If you fill 5 prescriptions at the pharmacy you get mailed a coupon that's good for 5% off a day of shopping at the store. There are probably exclusions of some sort but I'm not sure what they are offhand.

If you fill 5 prescriptions at the pharmacy you get mailed a coupon that's good for 5% off a day of shopping at the store. There are probably exclusions of some sort but I'm not sure what they are offhand.

NJ doesn't have this.
State law doesn't let Target do it.

Watching what coupons get pumped out up front helps too.

Really? I was on register once when someone used one of those coupons one time. And the program was mentioned in my orientation.

Aww, man, I wish I'd known. Just looked at the terms of services. Lame. I wonder where that woman got the coupon, then... And why it worked. Unless it was some other 5% for a day of shopping coupon...

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to Cartwheel, go to target.com for coupons - some are Target, some manf.
You can double up using a manf coupon w/a target coupon AND your cartwheel if applicable.
Check the back endcaps for clearance & see what coupons you can apply.
Then finish up with the TM discount, Rx rewards if ya got 'em & the red card discount.
And don't forget bag credits for your reusable bags.
I've shaved off as much as 44% doing this on my monthly 'big shop'.

Also there are some good coupons on the team member magazine (if you need a Dyson hold up until summer time, there's usually a 40% off coupon for them).

Also there was a coupon for 40% off a Keurig as well.

Really? I was on register once when someone used one of those coupons one time. And the program was mentioned in my orientation.

Aww, man, I wish I'd known. Just looked at the terms of services. Lame. I wonder where that woman got the coupon, then... And why it worked. Unless it was some other 5% for a day of shopping coupon...

Although the pharmacy rewards program is not available in NJ, NY and AR I think once a coupon is issued in another state it can be used in any state, it's just a regular target coupon

You can also use an app like Ibotta to earn cash back on select items.

Basically, just complete a few actions to unlock the cash back, then you scan the product and upload your receipt.

Once it's approved, you'll get a credit in your account. When your account reaches $5, get a payment via PayPal or choose a gift card.

I've earned over $150 with the app myself. They have lots of offers, ranging from food to household products, and add more all the time.

It works with Target purchases. Some offers are exclusively available at Target as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back